How to Effortlessly Import Google Contacts to Outlook 2019? – Gmail Tips
Gmail is one of the most widely used email clients by both free & business Gmail users. Whether it is a small scale or medium-sized business, all prefer Gmail for their service. However, being an online email client, whose data cannot be access without an internet connection is a bit disadvantageous of Gmail. To handle such a problem, most Gmail user synchronize their account with a desktop email client, such as MS Outlook. But, the issue with this method is, the synchronize method doesn’t synchronize Google Contacts in Outlook.
The user needs to manually import Contacts into Outlook account. Therefore, in this blog, we will discuss the step-by-step method to import Google contacts to Outlook 2019 or below version.
Free Manual Method to Import Google Contacts to Outlook 2019, 2016
Following are the manual steps to export Google contacts and then import them in MS Outlook:
Step 1: Export Google Contacts
1. First, login to your Gmail account and select Google Contacts.
2. Now, from Google Contacts left menu bar, select the export option.
3. You will get a pop-up window screen, select the Contacts type for export select the export format as Outlook CSV.
4. Click on the Export button and then you will receive Outlook CSV format containing Google contacts.
Now, the export process is completed, you can import contacts into MS Outlook account.
Step 2: Import Google Contacts to Outlook
For importing Google contacts to Outlook 2019 / 2016 / 2013, make sure that Outlook profile is already created.
1. First, launch MS Outlook Application and then go to File tab.
2. From the left-side menu bar, select “Open/Export”, then Import/Export option.
3. Now, from the Import/Export wizard, select “Import from another program or file”.
4. From Import from a File window, select “comma separate values” option.
5. Next, browse the Google Contacts exported CSV file & choose “Don’t import duplicate items” option.
6. In the next step, select the location where you wish to import Contacts, then click Next & Finish.
After the import process is finished, you can open MS Outlook and check for the imported contacts from Gmail account to the chosen location in Outlook. You can preview all the contact details in the Contacts menu option.
To import Google contacts of multiple users, take the help of SysTools Gmail data backup software. It is an advanced utility that is capable of exporting complete Gmail account data in PST file format. A PST file is an Outlook supported file format that can be imported via Import/Export wizard of MS Outlook. The tool provides you Category filter option that allows importing selective items such as contacts from your Google account.
Issue While Importing Address Book to Outlook, Manually
Although importing contacts from Google to MS Outlook is not at all a difficult task, there is chance of some complication, that are as follow:
- It’s difficult for a business organization to let their employee export contacts from Google account one by one. It wastes too much time just exporting each user Google contacts.
- Importing more than 2000 contacts results in unexpected errors. In that case, you need to split the CSV file into small parts.
- The export & Import process can be quite confusing when dealing with multiple Google accounts.
If in case, there are a large number of user accounts such as in Google Workspace (G Suite) whose contacts need to be imported into Outlook accounts, then the above process becomes quite cumbersome. In such a case, you need to help of advanced utility to ease your job.
Use Professional Solution to Export Google Contacts to Outlook from Multiple Workspace Accounts
Business Gmail users (G Suite) can take the help of the tool to backup G Suite account. Just, authenticate your admin account and export contacts of all the users at your convenience.
Step to Import Google Contacts to Outlook PST Format:
- Download & Launch the Backup utility
- Select “Contacts” from the Workload selection.
- Enter the admin Email Id and validate the G Suite permissions
- Browse the Destination location to export contacts as “Outlook (.pst)”
- Fetch and select user accounts whose contacts you want to export in one go.
- Click the Start button to start the process.
After the export process is completed, the importing steps are almost similar to Method 1. Instead of choosing “Comma Separated Value” choose “Outlook data file .pst” from Import from a file window.
This software also has other functionalities such as:
- Move G Suite emails to Outlook
- Also works for calendars and documents migration
- Delta backup
- Creates PST file that can be easily imported in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 & 2007
Gmail users often synchronize their accounts with MS Outlook for offline access to their emails. But, the problem is this method doesn’t import Google Contacts to Outlook. Users need to manually export Google contacts & then import them into Outlook account. So, to help you in performing such an operation, we have created this blog.
Above, you can find the step-by-step solution of manual & an automated way to do this job. Although, the manual method is not hard to perform, there are some complications of it, as mentioned above. This is why we recommend using the Automated tool to import Google contacts to Outlook 2019 / 2016 / 2013 from multiple user accounts.