Save Emails From Gmail to Computer – Simple & Easy Way
Many people want to save emails from Gmail to computer without any hassle. So, if you are looking for a safe and perfect solution to solve this task, then this blog is
Email is nowadays a basic need of every user. Gmail is one such email application that is most popular among users for email communication. It contains lots of important applications within it such as emails, contacts, drive, etc.
Although Gmail is a totally secured application still, there are hackers who can easily breach anyone’s account. This is why many users are looking for a method to save emails from Gmail to computers or hard drives.
In this guide, you will get to know about various methods using which one can easily download all emails from Gmail to the computer in a few clicks.
Users Queries to Save Emails From Gmail to Computer
“Rose Allardice on Google Forum asks – I am a Gmail user for the past 7 years and it contains all my personal and official emails in it. Now, there is a shortage of space due to which I want to know a solution that is how to store Gmail emails on a computer and delete them from the mailbox. If anyone out there knows any method for the same. It will be a great help.”
Manually Save Emails from Gmail to Computer
In order to save multiple emails from the Gmail accounts, Google allows users to archive email messages. Now, to do this in an appropriate manner, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. First of all, login to your Gmail account using a valid username and password.
2. Then, go to the Personal Info & Privacy option from the center of the page.
3. Go to Control your Content >> Create Archive option to backup Gmail data.
4. Now, you can choose the data of your Gmail account that you want to save because by default it will select all mail items.
Note: If you don’t want to save emails from Gmail to your computer in bulk, then click on the down-facing arrow at the right of the All Mail option. This will allow you to choose between downloading all emails or specific labels attached to emails.
5. Then, click on the Next button.
6. Now, verify that zip is selected as a File type.
7. go to the Archive size (max) heading box.
8. Choose the download size i.e., 2 GB, 10 GB, etc. But, make sure that the selected size should be larger than, the size of your exported files.
9. Next, you need to click on the box with the Delivery method as a heading. Here, you will see various options to store Gmail emails on a computer.
- Send download link via email: get a link to download the file in your current Gmail mailbox. Go to the link to download all your file.
- You can choose the Google Drive option to download the file in it directly and use the storage of Google Drive only.
- You can the download file directly to the connected Dropbox account.
- Or you can store the download file in the connected OneDrive account.
10. In the last, click on the Create Archive option and begin the Gmail data backup process of all your selected files.
Limitations of Manual Method
There are numerous limitations due to which users face difficulties while downloading Gmail emails, such as:
- The archive creation takes too much time (hours) or possibly days.
- A limited number of attempts to download the archive file.
- A weak internet connection may lead to the unsuccessful download of the archive files.
- Users will get the emails in MBOX format only.
- Cannot read the downloaded emails in offline mode.
Alternative Solution to Save Emails from Gmail to Computer
To avoid all such kinds of limitations of the manual method, we suggest to you the Best and most Advanced Solution to Backup Gmail Emails. It is one of the simple and popular solutions to save emails from Gmail to the computer. The software can store all emails in PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, and PDF file formats.
Users can also save other Gmail account data such as contacts, calendars, and documents. The software provides a category and email format filter for selective data backup. You can Easily save Gmail emails to PDF for offline reading of emails and accessing attachments of Gmail.
There are various advanced features offered by the software. Moreover, this is a reliable solution and the user does not need to spend more time and effort. If you are looking for an easy solution to copy Gmail emails to a computer then this is one of the easiest methods.
Quick steps to save emails from your Gmail account:
- Download Gmail backup software, then login with Gmail id and password.
- Select any file format to start the procedure.
- Browse the destination location to save Gmail emails and Apply Filter.
- Click on the Start button to begin the process.
Emails contain lots of important data in them. Therefore, a user cannot afford any loss of such data. Considering the requirement of users, we have discussed both manual and professional solutions to save emails from Gmail to the computer. A user can simply use any of the two depending on their convenience. As the manual solution is not a foolproof solution, a user can proceed with the instant solution to save all the data without losing a single bit of information.