Gmail Account Not Configure in Outlook – Fix Problem
Gmail account not configure in Outlook 2010, 2013, or 2016 is a very common query that is searched by Microsoft Outlook users. After going through this discussion, one will definitely be able to troubleshoot the problem. The reason behind the occurrence of this problem is the absence of IMAP or POP3 settings in the Gmail account.
One starts configuring the Gmail account with Outlook without checking whether the required settings are enabled within it or not. If the settings are not enabled then, definitely an individual is going to face problems accessing a Gmail account with Outlook 2010, 2013, & 2016.
Therefore, fix this hazardous situation by implementing each and every upcoming step in the same way as they are illustrated below.
Change Account Settings If Gmail Account Not Configure in Outlook 2010
- Set Gmail with IMAP
- Log in to your Gmail account and click on the Gear icon that is located on the right screen of the web page.
4. Select the icon Enable IMAP to activate it and click Save Changes. Now, a user can set up a Gmail account in MS Outlook 2010.
Disable Gmail Less Secure Apps Feature
You have to disable the less secure apps feature from the Gmail account then only you’ll be able to configure it with Outlook. Use the following steps for the same:
a) Enter the source Gmail id and password on the current web page. Click Next to proceed.
b) Turn the Allow less secure apps feature, if it is enabled, and save the changes
After enabling all the above-mentioned settings, now the time starts when you have to configure this Gmail id in MS Outlook.
Also Read: Quickly Save Gmail Emails to PDF Format
Manually Solve: Gmail Account Not Configure in Outlook 2010
1. Launch MS Outlook on your machine and click on File >> Account Settings >> Account Settings.
2. An Account settings wizard will appear in which you have to hit on the New button.
3. A new wizard appears through which you will be able to initiate the major account configuration process. Here, activate the Email Account radio button and hit Next.
4. Fill up all the details required on the current account wizard and click Next to proceed.
5. MS Outlook automatically starts configuring the email server settings, which might consume a little time.
At last, click on the Finish button to finally see that your Gmail account is successfully configured in Microsoft Outlook.
Access a Gmail Account with Outlook
a) Follow steps (1) to (2) of the automated account configuration procedure. In the current wizard, activate the radio button of Manual configure server settings or additional server types option. Click Next to proceed.
b) Activate the Internet E-mail option and hit Next.
c) Enter all the details required on the displayed screen and click on the More Settings button.
Points to Remember:
- Make sure that you are mentioning the complete email id in the User Name and Your Name fields.
- If you are living outside of the US then, mention imap.googlemail.com and smtp.googlemail.com in the incoming and outgoing server fields.
d) Click on the Outgoing Server tab and check the checkbox of My outgoing server (SMTP) requires an authentication option. Enable the radio button of Use the same settings as my incoming mail server.
e) Now, click on the Advanced tab and fill the following fields with instructed port numbers/layers:
- Incoming Server (IMAP): 993 or 143
- Incoming Server Encrypted Connection: SSL
- Outgoing Server Encrypted Connection: TLS
- Outgoing Server (SMTP): 25 or 465
f) At last, click on OK to update all the modifications.
g) You will be directed back to Add New Account wizard where you need to hit on Test Account Settings button. If all things are mentioned correctly then, the test result will be successful and you can terminate the current window.
Automated Solution: Gmail Account Not Configure in Outlook 2010
Many users want to add a Gmail account to Outlook and they do not have any reliable solution. Some of the manual methods available to access a Gmail account with Outlook are mentioned in this blog. But, it has many limitations, such as requiring the user to be technically sound good.
Therefore, to overcome the limitations of the manual method one can proceed with an automated solution. The best part of a third-party tool is that it gives you an accurate result. One can proceed with Perfect Solution to Backup Gmail Emails in an accurate manner. This tool has the efficiency to work in almost all versions of Windows & Mac OS.
It also supports secure transfer for Gmail to Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Apple mail, etc. It converts Gmail to EML, MSG, MBOX, and PST. Also, this software has the capability to Easily Import Google Contacts to Outlook without losing a single bit of information.
Easy Steps to Fix this Issue
- Run the Gmail Backup Software, and provide the Gmail account details.
- After that, select the PST file format to start the procedure.
- Now, press on the filter option, and choose the required data.
- Finally, click on the start button, then successfully fix the Gmail account not configured in Outlook issue.
This article is discussing the issue related to a Gmail account not configured in Outlook 2010. It describes a manual method to solve it using IMAP settings. But it has many limitations, so in order to avoid those limitations, one can easily switch to MS Outlook with the help of an automated solution. This solution is very helpful to fix this issue in an accurate manner.