Learn How To Sync Contacts From Gmail To Thunderbird: A Reliable Solution
People use numerous email client according to their requirements. Gmail is one of the most popular web-based email client. It is a free service and can be accessed from a web browser anywhere in the world with the Internet connection. But when it comes to accessing data locally on the system then the users prefer to choose Thunderbird email client. This open-source application was developed by Mozilla. Moreover, it is a desktop-based application that is one can access all the emails and other data even without an Internet connection. So, most of the people are moving towards the Thunderbird email client to perform the emailing functions.
Now, when it comes to contacts, it is the most important thing for the communication purpose. Most of the people who were using Gmail earlier, now they want to transfer Gmail contacts to Thunderbird. Therefore, they are looking for a solution for how to sync contacts from Gmail to Thunderbird easily. Keeping in mind the user needs, we are going to discuss a simple and step by step process to import Gmail contacts to Thunderbird seamlessly.
Why should One Choose Thunderbird over Gmail?
As everyone knows that Gmail is used by non-professional as well as the professional users for multiple purposes. But when it comes to access data locally on the system then one cannot access data locally by using Gmail application. For this, a user has to go for a desktop-based email client and one of the on-demand desktop-based email clients is Mozilla Thunderbird. There are many amazing features associated with this so-called Thunderbird email client, and some of them are:
- It offers a user flexibility to manage newsgroups, chats, email, news feeds etc
- Moreover, it also provides a complete control and ownership to manage email messages
- Provides Address Book option to manage all the contacts with their information
- Various add-ons are also present using which a user can customize and improve the emailing experience
- It is available in multiple languages so, a user can customize it according to his/her requirements
- Provides features like Scheduled Backup, Scheduled Message Sending, PGP Support etc
- It also maintains a copy of email locally
How To Sync Contacts From Gmail To Thunderbird? Steps
The process to transfer Gmail contacts to Thunderbird is divided into two steps that are the user first have to import contacts from Gmail to Outlook’s CSV file then export this CSV file to Thunderbird.
Note: Before performing the manual solutions it is necessary to know how to take backup of Gmail contacts to protect your precious data from getting lost. Use Gmail File Backup software to perform this effortlessly.
Step 1: Import Gmail Contacts to Thunderbird
- First, you have to log in to your Gmail account. Now, on the top left side, you will see Gmail option with a drop-down arrow
- Click on that arrow you will see three options Gmail, Contacts, and Tasks. You have to click on Contacts option
- Now, a new tab will open automatically. You will be able to see all your contacts here. Select all the contacts by clicking on the checkbox adjacent to the contact
- You will see three dots icon on the top right side of the screen. Click on that icon and select the Export option
- A dialog box will appear in which you can select the contacts according to your requirements. Now, select the Outlook CSV format and click on the Export button
Step 2: Sync Contacts from Gmail to Thunderbird
- Open Thunderbird and click on the Tools options. Select Import option
- Import dialog box will appear, select the Address Books option and click on the Next button
- In Please select the type of file that you would like to import option highlight the Text File (LDIF, .tab .csv, .txt)
- Now, Select address book file dialog box will appear. Choose the file which you want to import
- Check all the Address Book fields and corresponding data to it and then click on Next
- Finally, click on the OK button. Thus synchronize Gmail contacts to Thunderbird account
Quick Way to Sync Gmail Contacts with Thunderbird Address Book
As everyone knows that it is not easy to perform the manual method as technical expertise is required to perform it. Moreover, it is lengthy and time-consuming process also. The risk of data loss is always associated with the manual method.
To overcome all the limitations connected to the manual method, it is suggested to opt for a smart and reliable approach that is Gmail Backup Software. This utility export Gmail account data including emails, contacts, calendars into multiple file formats PST / EML / MBOX etc. So using this application, the users could understand how to sync contacts from Gmail to Thunderbird email client. It also provides an option to select the data which a user needs to import by applying the filter options. Additionally, the software also permits the user to pause and resume the process if needed. Its user- friendly interface makes it easy for users to work with this tool.
Note: For Mac OS users who access their Gmail and Thunderbird accounts in Macintosh Operating system, they can go for the Mac version of Gmail Contacts Backup software.
With the help of step by step process explained in the above section a user will be able to sync contacts from Gmail to Thunderbird easily. But there is a risk of data loss associated with the manual procedure. So, it is advised to a user to choose an efficient and trusted solution that is Gmail Archive Tool which allows a user to import or sync contacts from Gmail to Thunderbird without any data loss issues. If the user needs to migrate Gmail mailbox or email files into Thunderbird account in Windows Operating system, then visit Thunderbird Import Wizard utility for further information.