How to Sync Contacts From Gmail to Thunderbird: A Reliable Solution
Contacts are a very valuable thing for every people. Also, many Gmail users want a perfect and safe solution to Sync Contacts from Gmail to Thunderbird in an accurate manner.
People use numerous email clients according to their requirements. Gmail is one of the most popular web-based email clients. It is a free service and can be accessed from a web browser anywhere in the world with an Internet connection. But when it comes to accessing data locally on the system then the users prefer to choose the Thunderbird email client.
This open-source application was developed by Mozilla. Moreover, it is a desktop-based application that is one can access all the emails and other data even without an Internet connection. So, most of the people are moving towards the Thunderbird email client to perform the emailing functions.
Now, when it comes to contacts, it is the most important thing for communication purposes. Most of the people who were using Gmail earlier, now want to sync Gmail contacts to Thunderbird. Therefore, they are looking for a solution for how to sync contacts from Gmail to Thunderbird easily.
Keeping in mind the user needs, we are going to discuss a simple and step-by-step process to sync Gmail contacts to Thunderbird seamlessly.
Why Should One Choose Thunderbird over Gmail?
As everyone knows that Gmail is used by non-professional as well as professional users for multiple purposes. But when it comes to accessing data locally on the system then one cannot access data locally by using the Gmail application.
For this, a user has to go for a desktop-based email client and one of the on-demand desktop-based email clients is Mozilla Thunderbird. There are many amazing features associated with this so-called Thunderbird email client, and some of them are:
- It offers user flexibility to manage newsgroups, chats, email, news feeds, etc.
- Moreover, it also provides complete control and ownership to manage email messages.
- Provides Address Book option to manage all the contacts with their information.
- Various add-ons are also present using which a user can customize and improve the emailing experience.
- It is available in multiple languages so, a user can customize it according to his/her requirements.
- Provides features like Scheduled Backup, Scheduled Message Sending, PGP Support, etc.
- It also maintains a copy of email locally.
How to Sync Contacts From Gmail to Thunderbird? Steps
The process to transfer Gmail contacts to Thunderbird is divided into two steps that are the user first has to configure contacts from Gmail to Outlook’s CSV file and then export this CSV file to Thunderbird.
Step 1: Export Gmail Contacts into Outlook CSV
- First, you have to log in to your Gmail account. Now, on the top left side, you will see the Gmail option with a drop-down arrow.
- Click on three arrows Gmail, Contacts, and Tasks. You have to click on the Contacts option.
- Now, a new tab will open automatically. You will be able to see all your contacts here. Select all the contacts by clicking on the checkbox adjacent to the contact.
- You will see three dots icon on the top right side of the screen. Click on that icon and select the Export option.
- A dialog box will appear in which you can select the contacts according to your requirements. Now, select the Outlook CSV format and click on the Export button.
Step 2: Import Resultant CSV File into Thunderbird
- Open Thunderbird and click on the Tools options. Select the Import option.
- An import dialog box will appear, select the Address Books option and click on the Next button.
- In Please select the type of file that you would like to import option highlight the Text File (LDIF, .tab .csv, .txt).
- Now, the Select address book file dialog box will appear. Choose the file which you want to import.
- Check all the Address Book fields and corresponding data, then click Next.
- Finally, click on the OK button. Thus synchronize Gmail contacts to the Thunderbird account.
Quick Way to Sync Gmail Contacts with Thunderbird Address Book
As everyone knows that it is not easy to perform the manual method as technical expertise is required to perform it. Moreover, it is a lengthy and time-consuming process also. The risk of data loss is always associated with the manual method.
To overcome all the limitations connected to the manual method. We suggest to you a Perfect & Advanced Solution to Backup Gmail Data with 100% accuracy. This utility export Gmail account data including emails, contacts, and calendars into multiple file formats PST / EML / MBOX, etc.
So using this application, the users could understand how to sync contacts from Gmail to the Thunderbird email client. It also provides an option to select the data which a user needs to import by applying the filter options. As well as, this software can Quickly Save emails from Gmail to Computer without losing a single bit of information.
Additionally, the software also permits the user to pause and resume the process if needed. Its user-friendly interface makes it easy for users to work with this tool. Also, it has the capability to work in almost all the versions of Windows & Mac OS.
Also Read: Easily Activate 2 Step Verification in Gmail
We explained to you the complete step-by-step manual and automated solution to Sync Contacts from Gmail to Thunderbird account. The manual solution has various limitations, and maybe you can lose precious data. But, an expert’s solution is perfect and safe for your precious data file.