Save Emails from Outlook 365 to Hard Drive Using Multiple Methods
Outlook 365 is the email client offered by Microsoft that comes as a part of the Office 365 business productivity suite. Previously, it used to be known as OWA or Outlook Web Access/ App. Since it is a part of Office 365, its data is also stored in the cloud. Now, if users want to access the data of Outlook 365, they need to have a copy of it in their local system. Hence, comes the question, “how to save emails from Outlook 365 to hard drive?”
If you are also looking for a solution for the Office 365 email related problem, this is the perfect blog for you. In this post, we will explain different methods that will prove to be useful if you want to save Outlook 365 emails to hard drive. Let’s go straight to the full procedure of the methods without wasting any more time.
How to Export Outlook 365 Emails to Desktop to Hard Drive?
Various techniques can be applied to perform this task. We will be describing some of the most common methods along with their step-by-step guide.
Method 1: Using Automated Software
As readers can understand, all these manual methods are time-taking and any mistake may lead to data loss. Office 365 emails are business-critical and data loss during offline export can cost you a lot in case the cloud data gets lost or deleted. Therefore, most people choose SysTools Office 365 Export Tool to save emails from Outlook 365 to hard drive. This tool is especially suitable for enterprise-level users who need to save a bulk amount of emails from their Office 365 account to their local hard disk. This application allows users to save their emails in PST, MSG, or EML file format.
Besides saving the entire mailbox data, users can also export selective files by using this utility. The software is suitable for all Office 365 subscription plans and works on all Windows OS systems. When logged in using admin credentials, it allows the processing of the complete mailbox data of all the users of that O365 account. For a smooth and data-loss-free email export, choose this software.
Steps to Save Emails from Outlook 365 to Hard Drive
Step 1. Run this software on Windows OS to save Outlook 365 Online emails to Desktop.
Step 2. Enter O365 user or admin credentials along with password and hit the Sign in button.
Step 3. You will get a list of folders where you can select a particular set of folders
Step 4. Here, Choose the Email Format in which you want to save your emails and also select emails and deselect other items checkbox.
Step 5. Select desired location in the system and click the Start button to save emails from Outlook 365 to hard drive.
Method 2: Export Exchange Online Mailboxes to PST using Outlook
If users have desktop-based MS Outlook installed on their system, they can choose to save all emails from Outlook 365 to hard drive in PST file format. This will enable them to open the email files in Outlook when they are not online or do not have an internet connection.
- First of all, users have to configure the Office 365 account in MS Outlook.
- Once the configuration is done, click on File>> Open and Export>> Import & Export.
- Choose Export to a File>> Outlook data file (.pst) options in Import and Export Wizard.
- Select the necessary email folders under Office 365 tree to extract the emails in PST format. If needed, check the Include subfolders box.
- Select the destination location within the hard drive on the next page by clicking on Browse.
- Click Finish to save or export the process of emails from Outlook 365 to hard drive locally.
Must Read: Microsoft Office 365 eDiscovery Export Tool – Know How it Works
Method 3: Export O365 Emails to Desktop in HTML File Format
Using this method will let users save Outlook 365 emails to hard drive in HTML format that a web browser can read & display. In this method, each email will get saved in a separate HTML file. You can use this method to export a small number of emails.
- Start Office 365 mailbox and open the chosen email for preview.
- Now, click on File >> Save as and a box will appear.
- Select your destination hard drive location in that box. At the same time, add a name for the file and select HTML as the Save as Type.
- Click Save to finish the saving process. Repeat for all other emails.
Method 4: Save Emails from Outlook 365 to Hard Drive as a PDF
There is no direct way to save Office 365 emails to desktop in PDF format. If you are interested to save emails in this format or want to have a printed copy of that email, try these steps:
- Save the email in HTML format by following the method mentioned above.
- Open Microsoft Word and click on File >> Open to choose the HTML file.
- Now, click on File >> Save As to select PDF from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save to store the file in PDF file format.
Also Checkout: Office 365 Backup Best Practices– An Overview
In this post, we have discussed multiple methods of saving O365 emails in the local system. Users should not have any trouble performing those methods as the write-up answered how to save emails from Outlook 365 to hard drive successfully. Moreover, we have also suggested users of the above-mentioned software for a trouble-free & reliable email extraction into their hard drives.
Frequently Asked Questions
A. Yes, the software is advanced enough to save all the emails stored in your Outlook 365 mailbox.
A. Yes, there is a free trial version of the software which you can download and use for free.