Move Google Drive Documents To OneDrive Using DIY Techniques
Today, there are several cloud storage providers in the online market and users have ample options than ever. Sometimes due to changes in requirements, users might need to migrate their data from one cloud data storage service to another. In this article, we are going to discuss one such common data migration task i.e., move Google Drive documents to OneDrive. Apart from this, we will also disclose some simple techniques to execute this task to migrate Google drive to OneDrive in a simple manner. But, first let’s have a quick look at the reasons behind this migration process.
Why Users Migrate From GDrive to OneDrive?
- The price-performance ratio of OneDrive is better than Google’s Drive
- OneDrive and SharePoint makes a centralized with “in-place” file recovery
- Office 365’s OneDrive works perfectly well on all Mac and iOS devices
- Individual vs team file sharing is almost missing when it comes to GDrive
- OneDrive provides an ease of use while viewing and opening common file types
- OneDrive displays high-resolution thumbnails of a RAW photo file even without internet
How To Move Google Drive Documents To OneDrive?
There are multiple ways to migrate Google Drive files to OneDrive. In this section, we will discuss two techniques for the same.
Method One. Migrate Google Drive Documents to OneDrive Using Google Takeout
This method is not applicable to ‘OneDrive for Business’ users. Only normal Microsoft users can use this method to transfer Google Drive to new account or to a old one of OneDrive.
- Open Google Takeout on your computer and log in with your Gmail ID and Password if you are not already logged in.
- Next, click on Uncheck All button and enable Drive option.
- Hit the Next button to continue the procedure of migrating documents from Google Drive to OneDrive manually.
- Navigate to Delivery method section and select Add to OneDrive option from the menu list.
- Click Link Account and Create Archive button.
- Microsoft Sign In page will display on the screen. Here, enter the email address of your Microsoft account in which you need to move the files.
- In the next page, enter the password of email account that you have just entered. Click Sign in.
- After this, GDrive to OneDrive data migration process will begin. The total amount of time required to complete the migration depends upon the size of data stored in GDrive.
- Once you move Google Drive documents to OneDrive gets completed, navigate to the login page of OneDrive and then go to My OneDrive.
- Next, try to open this link on the same browser where you have entered the credentials of your OneDrive account. Now, you will automatically be logged in to OneDrive account. Otherwise, you need to re-enter your OneDrive account credentials to log in.
- After successful login, you will get a .zip file. Select this file and highlight Download option. Then, let the zip file save on your system and the total time of file saving depends on the file size. Hence, you need to wait for a while.
- After downloading, simply extract all the data files from this ZIP file and select all Google Drive documents you would like to move to your OneDrive.
- Use “drag and drop” method to move all the preferred files to your OneDrive account.
Method Two. Move Google Drive Documents to OneDrive Using Alternate Approach
The manual method is time-consuming and requires technical expertise to execute. Hence, if users want to perform the data migration quickly and seamlessly then, GDrive to OneDrive Migrator is the best choice to move Google Drive files to OneDrive even without any kind of data loss. The software is capable enough to resolve all the issues that can occur during the file migration. It has the capability to migrate password protected documents and it maintains the folder hierarchy throughout the data migration. With this, users can impose Read, Write, or Comment permissions while transferring the documents from GDrive to Office 365 Drive. In addition, the software allows users to change a default permission while moving the documents and one can apply date filters also during the conversion.
Every day several users search the answer for the same query that how to move Google Drive documents to OneDrive. Well, this is a good question so we have come up with this article in order to answer this question. Here, we have explained two different techniques to execute this task simply and efficiently.