Import .bak File in Outlook: Retrieve Data From .bak File in MS Outlook
Are you looking for a method to recover data from .bak file in MS Outlook? Have you ever tried any manual solution to import BAK file in Outlook application? Here, in this blog, we have landed with a reliable solution that will help to open .bak file in MS Outlook.
Backup is the best savior for the users who had lost their important data. Most .bak files are generated automatically by the programs in the system. One of the applications that create BAK file is MS Outlook. It automatically generates the backup(.bak) file during the execution of Inbox Repair Wizard. In the case of corrupted PST file, this .bak file is very useful for restoring the PST data file. But, sometimes this BAK file is not opened and may get corrupted. Therefore, in this post, we will discuss some manual approaches that help you to open and view retrieve data from BAK file in an absolute manner.
Before moving on the manual approaches, let’s have a look at some user queries:
“Hi, someday before I was facing some problem while using Outlook 2010. After some time I realize that my PST file might be corrupted. So, I tried to repair it using Inbox Repair tool. And this inbuilt utility created a BAK file. I tried to open .bak file but it was not opening in my Outlook. Is anyone knows the method to import .bak file in Outlook 2010? Please let me know how to restore BAK files in MS Outlook”
“I am a Microsoft Outlook user since 5 or more years. I have a large Outlook BAK file in my system which is approximately 30 GB in size. I searched solutions to import outlook.bak file in MS Outlook 2010 profile. But failed. Does anyone know a better solution to open Bak file in the Outlook account?”
Manual Method to Import BAK File in MS Outlook
Here, the possible manual solution is mentioned to open a .bak file from the MS Outlook. At very first, while running the Inbox Repair tool, it automatically creates a backup file of the original PST file. Thus, this BAK file will be stored in the same location where the original PST file has been already saved. If the original file gets corrupted or deleted then the only way to get data back is to import BAK file to Outlook. Now, make sure to follow each and every step carefully to retrieve data from BAK file in MS Outlook account:
- Navigate the location of a .bak file in your system.
- Make a copy of MS Outlook BAK file and save the file with .pst extension (For example test.bak>> test.bak.pst).
- Using Import and Export Wizard and import the “test.bak.pst” file in Outlook.
- Now, open the Microsoft Outlook and click on File tab. A drop-down menu will appear, select Import and Export option.
- After that, select Import from another program or file and click on Next button.
- Under the File to Import option, browse the newly created PST file (“test,bak.pst).
- In the following Options, select Do not import duplicates and click on Next button.
- Now, in Select the folder to import from, click on Personal Folder files. And, also select Include subfolders.
- At last, click on Select Import folders into the same folder in and after that, newly created PST file (test.bak.pst) and click on Finish button.
If the above-stated method gets failed to import BAK file in Outlook, then a user can opt these following steps:
- Click on File tab >> Open >> Outlook Data Files.
- After that, browse the location where newly created PST file is stored (test.bak.pst) and then click OK.
Note:- The above discussed manual method only use to open a .bak file in Outlook account. But, it will not recover corrupted BAK file.
A professional solution to Repair .bak File in Outlook Profile
There is no direct way in MS Outlook that to import .bak files in Outlook which are corrupted. So, a user must opt a reliable third party solution i.e. Outlook PST file Repair tool. It is an impeccable tool that repairs MS Outlook .bak file without any data loss in an absolute manner. Hence, to recover the Outlook .bak file, a user should follow these steps carefully that are listed below:
- Determine the location of BAK file in the system.
- Now, create a copy of Outlook .bak file and save the file with .pst extension (For example: if the .bak file name is “abc.bak”, then save this file as “abc.bak.pst”).
- Once the BAK file is saved in the PST format, install and run the tool.
Creating a backup file while performing the Inbox Repair tool to repair PST file is a good option. So, In this blog, we described manual methods along with their limitations. Also, we suggested a third party application which is the best way to recover and restore outlook.bak file to PST format without any data loss. It helps to import .bak file in Outlook application.