Import BAK File in Outlook with Manual & Professional Method
“Import BAK File in Outlook” is a very critical task. Also, many Outlook users search for a perfect and safe solution to solve this type of difficult query. So, this blog will explain to you the complete step-by-step and most reliable method with screenshots to better understand the procedure.
Backup is the best savior for users who had lost their important data. Most .bak files are generated automatically by the programs in the system. One of the applications that create BAK files in MS Outlook. It automatically generates the backup(.bak) file during the execution of the Inbox Repair Wizard.
In the case of a corrupted PST file, this .bak file is very useful for restoring the PST data file. But, sometimes this BAK file is not opened and may get corrupted. Therefore, in this post, we will discuss some manual approaches that help you to open and view retrieve data from the BAK files in an absolute manner.
Some User Queries
“Hi, someday before I was facing some problem while using Outlook 2010. So, I tried to repair it using the Inbox Repair tool. And this inbuilt utility created a BAK file. I tried to open the .bak file but it was not opening in my Outlook. Is anyone knows the method to import the .bak file in Outlook 2010? Please let me know how to restore BAK files in MS Outlook”
“I am a Microsoft Outlook user for 5 or more years. Also, I have a large Outlook BAK file in my system which is approximately 30 GB in size. In fact, I searched for solutions to import outlook.bak file in MS Outlook 2010 profile. But failed. Does anyone know a better solution to open the Bak file in the Outlook account?”
Also Read: Simple Way to Fix Microsoft Outlook Infected Items Folder Issue
Manual Method to Import BAK File in MS Outlook
Here, the possible manual solution is mentioned to open a .bak file from MS Outlook. At very first, while running the Inbox Repair tool, it automatically creates a backup file of the original PST file. Thus, this BAK file will be stored in the same location where the original PST file has been already saved.
If the original file gets corrupted or deleted then the only way to get data back is to import the BAK file to Outlook. Now, make sure to follow each and every step carefully to retrieve data from the BAK file in the MS Outlook account:
- Navigate the location of a .bak file in your system.
- Make a copy of the MS Outlook BAK file and save the file with the .pst extension (For example test. bak>> test.bak.pst).
- Use Import and Export Wizard and import the “test.bak.pst” file in Outlook.
- Now, open Microsoft Outlook and click on the File tab. A drop-down menu will appear, select Import and Export option.
- After that, select Import from another program or file and click on the Next button.
- Under the File to Import option, browse the newly created PST file (“test,bak.pst).
- In the following Options, select Do not import duplicates and click on the Next button.
- Now, in Select the folder to import from, click on Personal Folder files. And, also select Include subfolders.
- At last, click on Select Import folders into the same folder, and after that, the newly created PST file (test.bak.pst) and click on the Finish button.
A Professional Solution to Import BAK File in Outlook Profile
There is no direct way in MS Outlook to import .bak files in Outlook. So, we suggest to you the Best & Most Trusted Solution to Repair Outlook PST File in an accurate manner. It is an impeccable tool that repairs MS Outlook .bak files without any data loss in an absolute manner. As well as, this solution can not only fix Outlook Error 0x80040600 but also Quickly Fix 5 Most Common Outlook Errors and Issues. Hence, to recover the Outlook .bak file, a user should follow these steps carefully that are listed below:
- Determine the location of the BAK file in the system.
- Now, create a copy of the Outlook .bak file and save the file with the .pst extension (For example: if the .bak file name is “abc .bak”, then save this file as “abc.bak.pst”).
- Once the BAK file is saved in the PST format, install and run the tool.
Steps to Complete this Critical Task
- Open the Outlook PST Repair tool in your System.
- Upload the BAK or PST file by clicking on the “Add File” icon.
- See the complete preview of data, and choose the required emails.
- Then, choose PST file format, and click on the export button.
- After that, enter the destination path where you want to save your precious data.
- Successfully Import BAK file in Outlook with 100% accuracy.
Also Read: Easily Fix Outlook Stopped Working Issue
In this blog, we described manual methods along with their limitations. Also, we suggested a safe application which is the best way to import outlook.bak file in Outlook PST format without any data loss. It helps to import the .bak file in the Outlook application. As well as, this solution has the capability to work in almost all the Windows & Mac OS versions.