Fix Outlook Error 0x80040600 with Top 3 Solutions
Many MS Outlook users face this issue, and they ask our technical team safe solution to fixing Outlook Error 0x80040600 with 100% accuracy. So, this blog will explain to you a perfect & most trusted solution to fix this error without losing a single bit of information.
Microsoft Outlook is a platform that requires no introduction. It is a desktop-based email client used for various purposes in big as well as small enterprises. But, in spite of such immense popularity, it has some serious issues associated with it. Outlook has been designed with advanced algorithms but, there are bugs that cause fear for users.
Often, Outlook users encounter different types of PST file errors and one such issue is Outlook unknown error, receiving’ reported error (0x80040600): ‘unknown error 0x80040600’. Hence, it becomes important to resolve the issue as soon as possible to avoid further risks. Nevertheless, before this let’s take a quick glance at some important details like what Outlook error 0x80040600 is and the common reasons behind this error code.
Outlook 2010 Error 0x80040600
Outlook 0x80040600 error occurs when users attempt to send, read, or remove an email. This error of Outlook can be displayed in different wordings, such as:
- 0x80040600 Outlook 2007
- 0x80040600 Outlook 2016
- An unknown error code has occurred at 0x80040600
As we all know that the PST file is the soul of Outlook because it stores the entire data like calendars, emails, contacts, tasks, notes, etc., within it. And if the PST gets damaged or corrupted then, it may result in different error codes. The Outlook error 0x80040600 is also the result of the same issue.
The reasons behind the corruption of PST can be many like virus/ malware attacks, abrupt shutdown of Outlook application, sudden power failure, etc. So, the main question is how to resolve Outlook error code 0x80040600 to bring Outlook back to the working stage.
Automated Solution to Fix Outlook Error 0x80040600
Nowadays many solutions are available on the internet. But, it is not necessary that all methods are safe for our precious data files. So, we suggest you Safe & Perfect Solution to Repair Outlook PST Files with 100% accuracy. It is the best software that comes up with no limitations or drawbacks to getting rid of the Outlook 0x80040600 error.
The software has been designed with highly programmed algorithms so that it can fix the PST file even after 0x80040600 Outlook 2016. Also, it is capable enough to Easily fix Outlook Emails not Showing in Inbox issues without hassle. The interface of this application is very simple, even a novice can use it.
Manual Solution to Fix Outlook Error 0x80040600
Outlook 2010 error 0x80040600 can be resolved using two different ways: Manually and Automatically. Now, you can opt for any of the solutions as per your preferences.
Method 1: Fix PST Using Inbox Repair Tool
- First of all, launch the MS Outlook application.
- Then, navigate to Tools and then click on Account Settings.
- Now, click on the tab Data Files.
- Finally, copy the location of the PST data file.
- To start the PST scanning process, close MS Outlook and open Scanpst.exe.
- Paste the location of PST by entering the name of the file you want to scan box.
- Hit a click on the Start button to resolve this error.
- Once the process of PST file repairing gets completed, you can use MS Outlook without any difficulty. To find the location of the Scanpst.exe utility, users can use the below-mentioned information:
In MS Outlook 2016/ Office 365
Click Run- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\office16 Windows (64-bit version)- C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16 Windows (32-bit version)- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16
MS Outlook 2013
MS Outlook (64-bit): C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\ Windows (64-bit version): C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\ Windows (32-bit version): C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\
In Outlook 2010
MS Outlook (64-bit)- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ Windows (64-bit version)- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\ Windows (32-bit version)- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\
MS Outlook 2007
Windows (64-bit version)- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\ Windows (32-bit version)- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\
- If the PST file is large in size then, PST scanning is a time-taking process.
- The Scanpst.exe tool works only to fix the minor-level PST file corruption.
- Technical expertise required to operate Inbox Repair Utility of Microsoft.
Method 2: Create A Unicode PST
- First, generate a new Outlook PST file in Unicode format.
- Now, set this newly created file as the default data file.
- Import the old PST data into this PST file to fix this error.
- It also consumes a lot of time to create and move the PST file data.
- If you are technically savvy then only this method is recommended.
We have learned methods to fix Outlook error 0x80040600. Also, users can also go for the third-party utility mentioned here in case of any inconvenience. As well, we explained to you an automated tool process to fix this issue. You can easily fix all types of errors with the help of automated software. It has the ability to work in almost all Windows & Mac OS.