Learn Top 3 Methods to Fix Outlook Error 0x80040600
Repair PST After Outlook Error 0x80040600: Step-by-Step Guide
Microsoft Outlook is a platform that requires no introduction. It is a desktop-based email client used for various purposes in big as well as small enterprises. But, in spite of such immense popularity, it has some serious issues associated with it. Outlook has been designed with advanced algorithms but, there are bugs that cause fear for users.
Often, Outlook users encounter different types of PST file errors and one such issue is Outlook unknown error, receiving’ reported error (0x80040600) : ‘unknown error 0x80040600’. Hence, it becomes important to resolve the issue as soon as possible to avoid further risks. Nevertheless, before this let’s take a quick glance on some important details like what Outlook error 0x80040600 is and common reasons behind this error code.
Outlook 2010 Error 0x80040600
Outlook 0x80040600 error occurs when users attempt to send, read, or remove an email. This error of Outlook can be displayed in different wordings, such as:
- 0x80040600 Outlook 2007
- 0x80040600 Outlook 2016
- An unknown error code has occurred 0x80040600
As we all know that the PST file is a soul of Outlook because it stores the entire data like calendars, emails, contacts, tasks, notes, etc., within it. And if the PST gets damaged or corrupted then, it may result in different error codes. The Outlook error 0x80040600 is also the result of same issue.
The reasons behind the corruption of PST can be many like virus/ malware attacks, abrupt shutdown of Outlook application, sudden power failure etc. So, the main question is that how to resolve Outlook error code 0x80040600 to bring the Outlook back in the working stage.
How to Fix ‘An unknown error has occurred 0x80040600’ in MS Outlook Issue?
Outlook 2010 error 0x80040600 can be resolved using two different ways: Manually and Automatically. Now, you can opt any of the solutions as per your preferences.
Method 1: Fix PST Using Inbox Repair Tool
- First of all, launch the MS Outlook application
- Then, navigate to Tools and then click on Account Settings
- Now, click on the tab of Date Files
- Finally, copy the location of PST data file
- To start the PST scanning process, close MS Outlook and open Scanpst.exe
- Paste the location of PST in Enter the name of the file you want to scan box
- Hit a click on the Start button to resolve Outlook error 0x80040600
- Once the process of PST file repairing gets completed, you can use the MS Outlook without any difficulty. To find the location of Scanpst.exe utility, users can use this below-mentioned information:
- In MS Outlook 2016/ Office 365
Click Run- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\office16 Windows (64-bit version)- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16 Windows (32-bit version)- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16
- In MS Outlook 2013
MS Outlook (64-bit): C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\ Windows (64-bit version): C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\ Windows (32-bit version): C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\
- In MS Outlook 2010
MS Outlook (64-bit)- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ Windows (64-bit version)- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\ Windows (32-bit version)- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\
- In Outlook 2007
Windows (64-bit version)- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\ Windows (32-bit version)- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\
- If the PST file is large in size then, PST scanning is a time-taking process
- The Scanpst.exe tool works only to fix the minor-level PST file corruption
- Technical expertise required to operate Inbox Repair Utility of Microsoft
Method 2: Create A Unicode PST
- First, generate a new Outlook PST file in Unicode format
- Now, set this newly created file as the default data file
- Import the old PST data into this PST file to fix Outlook error 0x80040600
- It also consumes a lot of time to create and move the PST file data
- If you are technically savvy then only this method is recommended
Method 3: Use Professional Utility
PST Repair Tool is the best software that comes up with no limitation or drawback to get rid of Outlook 0x80040600 error. It is capable enough to recover all the Outlook data files regardless of their level of corruption. The software has been designed with highly programmed algorithms so that it can repair the PST file even after 0x80040600 Outlook 2016. The interface of this application is very simple, even a novice can use it.
After considering the importance of Microsoft Outlook for any organization and different issues like Outlook error 0x80040600 that come up with it, we have learned methods to fix Outlook 2010 error 0x80040600. Moreover, users can also go for the third party utility mentioned here in case of any inconvenience.