Backup Outlook Emails on Mac – Tips and Tricks to Save Emails
It is always an important decision to backup Outlook emails on Mac to be sure that there are no risks to your data even if Outlook for Mac loses the data from the mailbox. Once you have the backup, you can be stress-free for the data and always have access to it.
This is why a number of users are looking for solutions to save their data locally. Apart from this, users also want to know the methods for the same due to the storage space issue. The space in the mailbox fills up fast if there are a lot of emails along with attachments associated with them. This can be covered up if you are backing up emails from Outlook Mac.
There are a lot of methods that you will find out there while surfing the internet but not every solution will be able to help you out completely. In order to perform a successful and accurate backup procedure, you should check the solutions mentioned in this blog.
Pro-Tip: After taking a backup, the data will be stored in an OLM file which can only be accessed in Mac Outlook. If you want to use or access the data in other email clients, you can convert the files using smart solution.
Methods to Help Backup Outlook Emails on Mac
We have mentioned the most helpful solutions for the users to choose from to take a backup of their messages to keep them safe or free up some space from their mailbox. Learn these methods and make sure to utilize them to the fullest.
The first method is the manual method to save the data which will be stored in an OLM file format. This OLM file can be used in Mac Outlook whenever required. If in case you want to access this data on other email clients, you can use the second method which will help you to convert these files to a relevant file format.
Perform Manual Procedure to Backup Emails from Outlook Mac
1. Launch Outlook for Mac on your machine and click on the Tools tab.
2. After that, select the Export option and an Export to Archive File (.olm) wizard will open up.
3. Choose the items you want to backup; Mail in this case, and click on the Continue button.
3. Select the Save As box and choose Downloads folder to save the end result and click Save.
4. Once all the data is exported, select the Finish button to complete the procedure.
These are the steps for the process to save the emails manually. All the emails will be saved in an OLM file so that you can always access them on Mac Outlook. This is the only major drawback that these files cannot be used in any other email client.
To access the data in other email services, you will have to convert the resultant file. Once you backup Outlook emails on Mac, you can convert the same to your desired file format with the help of the following tool.
Note: If your Outlook for Mac does not open then click this link for correct solution.
Software to Convert the Backup Files to Desired Format
If you want to convert the file that you have taken backup of in the previous method, you can check this solution and learn its working. The Mac OLM Converter Tool is the best and the only way out that users can utilize to be able to access these files in other emails clients. There are a few features that are offered by this tool as listed below:
- The software allows users to convert OLM to various file formats such as PDF, PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, CSV, EMLX, VCF, ICS, and HTML.
- There is an option to export the data in batch mode by adding folders to the software.
- Transfer selective data by applying the Date-Filter option
- This tool is compatible with converting OLM files from Mac Outlook 2011, 2016, and Outlook 365.
- Option to maintain the original structure of the folder even after conversion is offered.
Let’s now take a look at the steps of conversion after you complete the process to backup emails from Outlook Mac.
How to Convert Resultant Backup Files Via the Software?
1. Install the software and run it on your Mac machine. Click on the Add File(s) option.
2. Choose the files you want to convert and hit Open. Move forward by clicking on the Next button.
3. Mark the radio button beside Export Selected Folders option and wait for the software to scan the data to add.
4. Select PDF as the export type and mark the Maintain Folder Hierarchy check box.
Note: We are choosing PDF as it is a cross-platform compatible file format. You can go for any other format that you wish for.
5. Apply Advance Settings and click on the Change button to decide a destination path for the resultant files.
6. Final step is to hit the Export button to complete the procedure of conversion.
Once the process is complete, you will find all the files exported to your desired format saved on your chosen location.
There are users who want to backup Outlook emails on Mac for safekeeping of their email data. Since there is a lack of successful methods for taking a backup, we have mentioned the methods that will help users with saving their emails easily.
As soon as you have taken a backup of the data, you can convert it to a file format of your choice with the help of the mentioned tool. It will make sure that the data integrity and folder structure are maintained along with the easiest and quickest experience at conversion.