Fix Error: User Does Not Have an Exchange Mailbox – Discover a Way
“With a successful result, I have installed the Exchange 2013 CUI on the Server 2012. This installation is done with a combination of existing SBS2008 server, which comprises of the Exchange 2007. Well, now I am trying to move a mailbox in 2013 database. Whenever I use the Exchange Control Panel for this, I encounter an error message i.e., ‘The Exchange 2010/ 2013 user does not have an Exchange mailbox’.
This error even occurs where there is no migration listed. By mistake, if the new migration is added to the batch then, at the end am again getting this error. Can anyone help me out in resolving the problem that I am facing with ECP of the Exchange?”
There are many users who are putting forward queries related to the same Exchange 2013 error. The following blog covers description about this error message in deep with its symptoms, causes, and resolution tricks.
Consequences of This Errors in Exchange 2007/ 2010/ 2013
Following are the conditions when this error occurs:
When you perform multi-mailbox searching through Exchange Control Panel, you might receive ‘This user doesn’t have an Exchange Mailbox license assigned’ error statement. This may occur when you are working with Discovery Search Mailbox, Regular user mailbox, or Federated Mailbox. The purpose of the mailboxes is acting as the target mailbox for searching.
You are working with ECP in MS Exchange server 2010 enterprise or standard editions.
Causes of Error: The User Does Not Have an Exchange Mailbox
There are many reasons involved in the occurrence of this error statement in Exchange 2010/ 2013 and some of the reasons are mentioned below:
- Due to the absence of HomeMDB attribute, one or more system mailboxes are in an inconsistent state.
- Either the Federated mailbox or Discovery search mailbox is in a conflicting state because HomeMDB attribute is absent.
General Tip: In order to verify whether a mailbox is in the incompatible state or not, you can follow the provided steps below:
- Open Exchange command shell and execute the following command:
- You might encounter an error statement while executing the command. This error indicates that few system mailboxes are in an inconsistent state.
- On the Discovery search mailbox, execute the following cmdlet in ECS for analyzing the same error:
- ‘Database is mandatory on User Mailbox’ error indicates that the HomeMDB attribute is absent for one or two system mailboxes.
‘Exchange 2013 the user does not have an Exchange mailbox’ error can be rectified by implementing the provided steps with full concentration. Hope you are ready to fix the issue. So, let us begin!
- Open Exchange Control Panel on your system
- First of all, examine whether your mailboxes are in the inconsistent state or not with help of provided tips.
- Copy the value of HomeMDB attribute for the mailbox in the identical database like a federated mailbox, System mailbox, or Discovery search mailbox. You can copy the values with help of following steps:
- Go to Start and in the Search program and files section, type Adsi Edit
- In the Action menu, click on Connect to
- Hit on Select or type a domain or server, then choose the server you desire, and click on OK
- Explore the Default naming context and click on DC=domain, DC=com
- Now double-click on CN=Users
- Select a user mailbox, right-click on it and choose Properties option from displayed list
- Go to Attribute section, click on homeMDB >> Edit
- At last, copy HomeMDB attribute value and two times click on OK button
- In the federate mailbox, system mailbox, or Discovery search mailbox, set the HomeMDB attribute through following steps:
- In ADSI Edit, click on anyone of the 3 mailboxes and then right-click on it to choose Properties option
- Click on homeMDB >> Edit in Attribute section
- Paste the copied value of homeMDB in resultant box
- Click on OK button for the two times
- Go to File >> Edit and then replicate the forest. For this, you need to type repadmin /syncall /e in the elevated command prompt window and press Enter
Resolve Error: The User Does Not Have an Exchange Mailbox Automatically
The above-described section explains how to fix Exchange 2013 error. But it is well said that the user must very conscious while doing it. A single error in the process may ruin your entire mailbox data. Therefore let us consider a direct solution which would help to resolve this error. This is the best software available which is used by various IT Experts, Exchange as well as novice users. It provide scan mode option to solve damaged or corrupted Exchange Server Mailbox data. This utility even recover deleted emails from the mailboxes.
The Quick and Advance scan repair corrupt EDB files and mailboxes with no data loss. For minimal corruption select the Quick scan to recover it and if the Exchange database is severely than choose the Advance scanning mode and easily recover & retrieve Exchange mailbox database. This option aslo recovers hard deleted offline/dismounted EDB mailboxes and items.
Users can easily export mailbox from EDB to PST, MBOX, MSG, PDF, HTML EML file formats. Also, they can export their data to Live Exchange Server or Office 365 in a hassle freeway.
The software automatically creates the export report in CSV file which save the success and fail count of export Exchange data.
Key Features Of Automated Software
- Support offline Exchange Database and Streaming Media File
- Preview EDB mailbox data items: mails, task, journals, notes, contacts, calendars
- Maintains original folder hierarchy and keep metadata intact
- Export Exchange mailbox items in a specified period of time via date filter option
- Remove (SMIME/OpePGP) email encryption from EDB mailboxes in batch
- Categories filter option selectively export Exchnage database mailbox items
- Compatible with Exchange Server, Windows OS, and Microsoft Outlook
Time to Wrap Up
‘How to resolve the Exchange 2010/ 2013 error the user does not have an Exchange mailbox?’ the problem will be fixed by the workaround described in this blog. Before execution of the described measure, keep one thing in mind that steps should be performed in the same manner as described in this blog. This recommendation is given because any harm might be caused by the server if something goes unintentionally wrong. Instead of using this manual method one can use Exchange Recovery tool to recover corrupted emails from the user account.