USB Device Not Recognized – Fix this Error Through Effective Solution
If you are searching a solution why USB device not recognized then, this is the best place for you. Read the complete write up and know the solution usb device not detected in Windows 10 computer.
Sometimes, its happens with many users that their system fails to recognize pen drive. And users are unable to access the data stored on that USB drive. However, if such an occurrence happens to you that your pen drive becomes totally undetectable. Then, there is nothing to worry, as solutions are available for fixing the issue. If you really use Pen drives frequently for transferring data from one system to the other, then this might happen that one of the systems might not be virus-protected and thus the damage. Also, at times, this also may happen to you that all your pen drive folders disappear!
USB Drive Not Showing Try Removing the Viruses:
First and foremost thing, you need to connect the pen drive to your computer, which is protected against viruses with the latest version of some reliable antivirus program; and then, you must scan it. Following this, you have to fix all the threats detected by that antivirus program.
Recover Corrupted Data from USB Drive
Once you have successfully managed to remove all of the virus-infected files and folders from your pen drive. Then, you must go to the command prompt/CMD on the system and run the DOS command – ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D G:\*.* (Assuming the drive to be G: drive here. If in your case, it is not the G: then you have to replace G with the correct letter as applicable in your case).
Manual Methods to Fix USB Device Not Detected Windows 10
Here is yet another very effective method for helping you fix the issue – Pen Drive not recognized so that you can easily recover infected files from the corrupted flash drive with utter ease. Follow the three simple steps given below for fixing the problem and to get all the data restored with complete ease.
- Open Disk Management tool
- Here, press Windows + R > Type: diskmgmt.msc
- And finally, press Enter
- Firstly unplug it your pen drive
- Then, press Windows + R > Key and Type: devmgmt.msc into the Run dialog and press Enter
- Now, under the Disk drivers, you must check for devices having the yellow exclamation mark
- After that, right-click that device having the yellow exclamation mark and Now, select Properties
- Then, look at the error now search some solution for fixing the problem
- For performing the system restore process, you need to update the driver or uninstall and then reinstall the driver on the USB drive; as this can also work towards fixing your USB device not detected the issue.
- To fix USB Flash drive unrecognized issue, type regedit in the Open box And then, click OK
- Next, locate & select the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UsbStor
- Now, in the right-hand side pane, you have to double-click on Start
- Type 3 in the value data box Here, a hexadecimal notation will appear
- Next, you can select the option. Then, click OK
- Quit Registry. Your system would now recognize the external pen drive
Also Read:- Resolve USB drive 0 Bytes Error
Professional Recovery Software to Make Pen Drive Accessible
If you are facing the same issue then, no need to worry. Just format your USB drive and download pen drive recovery software. To recover formatted and reformatted from USB drive. It supports to recover corrupted data from usb.
Important Tips:- Do not connect the pen drive to those computer systems, which are not totally virus-protected. When you delete any data from it. Do not save any new data in it otherwise your files are overwrite and you do not recover it at any cost.
Attaching an USB drive to your PC and seeing the USB drive not recognized error. Luckily, this annoying issue has various simple to apply solutions, and in this post we have described some solution that help you to recover your data.