How to USB Device Not Recognized Error? Effective Solution
Sometimes, it happens to many users that their system fails to recognize a pen drive. And users are unable to access the data stored on that USB drive. However, if such an occurrence happens to you, your pen drive becomes totally undetectable. Then, there is nothing to worry about, as solutions are available for fixing the issue. If you really use pen drives frequently for transferring data from one system to another, then it might happen that one of the systems might not be virus-protected, thus the damage. Also, at times, it may happen to you that all your pen drive folders disappear!
USB Drive Not Showing Try Removing the Viruses:
First and foremost, you need to connect the pen drive to your computer, which is protected against viruses with the latest version of some reliable antivirus program, and then you must scan it. Following this, you have to fix all the threats detected by that antivirus program.
Recover Corrupted Data from USB Drive
Once you have successfully managed to remove all of the virus-infected files and folders from your pen drive, Then, you must go to the command prompt/CMD on the system and run the DOS command: ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D G:\*.* (assuming the drive to be G: drive here.) If, in your case, it is not the G, then you have to replace G with the correct letter as applicable in your case.
Manual Methods to Fix USB Device Not Detected Windows 10
Here is yet another very effective method for helping you fix the issue: the pen drive is not recognized so you can easily recover infected files from the corrupted flash drive with utter ease. Follow the three simple steps given below to fix the problem and get all the data restored with complete ease.
- Open Disk Management tool
- Here, press Windows + R > Type: diskmgmt.msc
- And finally, press Enter
# Workaround 2:
- Firstly, unplug your pen drive
- Then, press Windows + R > Key and Type: devmgmt.msc into the Run dialog and press Enter.
- Now, under the disk drivers, you must check for devices with the yellow exclamation mark.
- After that, right-click that device with the yellow exclamation mark and now select Properties.
- Then, look at the error and search some solution for fixing the problem
- For performing the system restore process, you need to update the driver or uninstall and then reinstall the driver on the USB drive; as this can also work towards fixing your USB device that has not detected the issue.
- To fix USB Flash drive unrecognized issue, type regedit in the Open box And then, click OK
- Next, locate & select the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UsbStor
- Now, in the right-hand side pane, you have to double-click on Start
- Type 3 in the value data box Here, a hexadecimal notation will appear
- Next, you can select an option. Then, click OK
- Quit Registry. Your system would now recognize the external pen drive
Also Read:- Resolve USB drive 0 Bytes Error
Professional Recovery Software to Make Pen Drives Accessible
If you are facing the same issue, then there is no need to worry. Just format your USB drive and download pen drive recovery software. To recover formatted and reformatted data from a USB drive. It supports recovering corrupted data from USB.
Important Tips: Do not connect the pen drive to computer systems that are not totally virus-protected. When you delete any data from it. Do not save any new data in it otherwise, your files will be overwritten, and you will not recover them at any cost.
Working Steps of this Software
- Install and launch Pen Drive Data Recovery on your computer.
- The software has a refresh mode that allows you to view the newly connected flash drive or memory card without closing the software.
- Select a device from the list and view important information in the application group on the right.
- Now the program has two ways to view the scanning process: scanning and format scanning.
- The program completely highlights deleted files in red. Thus, it is easy to identify permanently deleted files and folders.
- After double-clicking on a specific file, the tool will give you the options of “Save all files” and “Preview.”
Attaching a USB drive to your PC and seeing the USB drive not recognized error Luckily, this annoying issue has various simple-to-apply solutions, and in this post, we have described some solutions that will help you recover your data.
People Asked Question
Q: What should I do if my USB device does not show files?
If your USB doesn’t show files, first run a data recovery tool.
- Install the software on your computer.
- Select the scan of your USB device.
- Select all recoverable files.
- Restore files to your primary hard drive.
Q: How to solve the “USB device not recognized” issue in Windows 11?
To fix the USB device not recognized error in Windows 11, you can use the built-in troubleshooter:
- Open File Explorer.
- Select “This PC” in the left pane.
- Right-click the USB device you want to restore.
- Select the “Properties” function.
- Go to the Tools button and select the Check option.
- Select the “Scan Disk” option.
- Wait for the scan to finish.