Pen Drive Shows Empty Even When Data Exists – Tips To Save Data
Are you searching a solution for pen drive shows empty when data exists? If yes then, your searchs is finished here. In this blog you will know the automated solution. Before, start the article we will discuss one users query. So lets begin the blog…
Hello everyone! I have a 64 GB SanDisk pen drive. It is full of around 63.55GB of data. All data are very precious to me. Yesterday night when I attached my pen drive to my computer, I was shocked, my pen drive does not showing any data. I tried all possible solutions to resolve this issue and access my data. I want a reliable solution to restore my data. Because I also stored my wedding photos and videos in it. Please help me and assist me with an automated solution as soon as possible.
Reason Behind Pen Drive Shows Empty Even When Data Exists?
First and foremost, it is imperative for us to know that if such a problem is appearing in your pen drive. Then, why it is coming up in the first place? Why any USB flash drive shows empty while there is still some data present on it. It could probably because of some virus infection that your pen drive is affected by it. And due to that only all the files and folders might have been hidden automatically.
However, this is the worst situation for those users who are facing this issue. But do not panic, instead of find a solution that can help you to remove virus from pendrive. So that, you can view all your files & folders inside your USB pen drive.
USB Pen Drive That Shows Empty Even When Data Exists
When USB flash drives shows empty while containing crucial data and information within the files & folder is stored in it. Then it is time to call for help. Sometimes, what happens is that you see your pen drive, whose space is fully occupied. But, your pen drive shows up to be empty. In any such occurrence, anytime, when you find yourself in the troublesome situation affected by such problem. Then, many of you might not know what to do to get out of this situation and recover all your files and folders from that pen drive. You can follow the below-mentioned for overcoming such an issue.
How to Fix USB Pen Drive That Shows Empty Even When Data Exists Within
- Firstly, attach your pen drive to computer
- Now, right hit on the start button and choose the control panel option
- After that, click on Appearance and Personalization
- Now, select the Under File Explorer Options and click on Show hidden files and folders
- Then, check the option to Show hidden files, folders, and drives after that uncheck the option to Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
- Lastly, click on the OK button to end up the procedure properly.
Pen Drive Shows Empty Even When Data Exists With CMD
- Go to search option in your computer and type CMD
- Now click on command prompt admin
- Type diskpart, and press enter
- Type following command:attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*
USB Pen Drive That Shows Empty Even When Data Exists – With Automated Tool
If all the above mentioned solution not able to resolve your issue then format your pen drive and try SysTools pen drive recovery software to recover your formatted data from USB drive. This tool has capability to recover unlimited data from pen drive. To check the working efficiency of the utility you can download free demo version of the tool.
Some Tips for Avoiding the Loss of Pen Drive Data
- Ensure that each time when you remove your pen drive from the system, you use the “Safely Remove/Eject” option
- Also, avoid using the same pen drive for multiple machines as this increases the chances of virus infection and thus possibility of corruption also increases
- Whenever any such situation of data loss takes place in your USB pen drive device, then straight away stop the storage of any new files on it as this might lead to the storage space being overwriting and trims down data recovery chances
If the manual method worked in your favor then, well and good! Also, if nothing works in a fruitful manner, then you should try above mentioned software. It will definitely help you to recover your lost data without any hassle.