Lost Your Contacts? Steps to Recover Deleted Contacts from Outlook
Contacts is an entity that represents the information through which we can connect with another person into a system. Microsoft Outlook is a desktop-oriented email application whose function is to send and receive the emails. It also stores contacts that consists of information like email address, image, mobile number and much more.
Here, in this technical post, we are going to illustrate how to recover deleted contacts from Outlook account with an ease. So, after considering this tiresome situation, we will provide a complete guide to retrieve lost contacts from Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 versions in different conditions. So, let’s begin with a common instance.
Method 1: Recover Deleted Contacts from Outlook Deleted Items Folder
Whenever a contact is deleted from the Outlook, it’s directly transferred into Deleted Items Folder. It is a place where all the data items such as contact, calendar entry moved after the deletion task. So, if any contact cannot be at the place where the user expects it to be, then the first check Deleted Items Folder.
If the contact is present there, then follow all these instructions to retrieve missing contacts in Outlook account. The steps given can be referred by all users regardless of the version of Outlook, i.e. Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 user can follow it.
- Launch Outlook application and navigate to email folder list in order to retrieve data from Deleted Items.
- Next, click on Deleted Items folder as shown in the screenshot.
- If you wish to recover any specific contacts, then go to Search Deleted Items box. Alternatively, you can also use the sort by Icon column to list out all the deleted contacts in a row.
- Once you find the contact, then select it and right-click on it. Then, select Move >> Other Folder… option.
- In order to restore removed contact in Outlook Contacts folder, then select it under the Move the selected items to section and click on OK.
Method 2: Recover Deleted Contacts from Outlook PST File
In such a situation when the contacts are missing from Outlook local data file (PST) and user needs to restore deleted contacts from it, then this method is best suited. Here, an impeccable and award-winning software known as SysTools Outlook PST Repair Tool is used to retrieve deleted contacts, Emails, and others from Outlook PST file without any trouble.
Apart from this, the amazing and highly advanced tool can recover permanently deleted emails from Outlook local data file in minimum span of time. Above all, it supports all the Microsoft Outlook versions like Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007. Let’s check out how to recover deleted contacts from Outlook data file.
Steps by Step Instruction to Retrieve Missing Contacts in PST File
Follow the steps to complete the process to recover lost contacts from Outlook
- Install the Software and navigate to Add File option to open the wizard that uploads PST file.
- In Add File dialog box, you receive the following options:
- Add File Option: In this section, if you know the exact location of .pst file, then opt Select File option. Otherwise, select the radio button corresponding to Search File.
- Scan Mode: If the Outlook local data file is less corrupted then select Quick scan. In such an instance, when the PST is highly damaged, then go with Advance option.
- After that, click on the contacts section from the left side navigation panel and select the desired contacts that you need to recover. After ward, click on Export Selected option to restore only chosen contact. If you want to export all the contacts, then go to the Export option that is available at the left-top corner.
- From the Export Options window, Select the PST and click on Browse to provide a destination location to a new PST file.
- Finally, click on Export to get the contacts back into Outlook.
Once the process gets completed successfully, a summary report generated by the software. This file can be easily saved on the local system with the help of Save button. So, whenever you find Outlook contacts are missing from PST file, then without any doubt use the software.
Note: There are some major errors faced by many users, Go check it out these common errors.
Bringing It All Together
Outlook contacts are the best way to manage all details of an individual such as email address and much more. Although, once it gets deleted, it become difficult to et back lost contacts in the Outlook account. Therefore, in this technical post, we have discussed a manual way to recover deleted contacts from Outlook using deleted item folder. Along with this, if the contacts cannot be shown because of PST file corruption, then another technique is described above for the same.