PST File Gets Corrupted in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and Above
Many MS Outlook users search for a safe solution when their PST file gets corrupted in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and other versions. So, this blog will explain to you a complete step-by-step and the best method to fix this issue.
Outlook storage files are also liable to corruption like any other files. The daily news alerts users about various ways through which email data and mailbox folder items get hacked. With the rise in malicious activity over the years, personal email data can easily get affected and may detect errors like “The PST could not be accessed & found – 0x80040116″.
Information – PST File Gets Corrupted in Outlook
These also include the personal storage files(or PST) of Outlook saved on a user’s computer. It is the default file created automatically that contains all the mailbox data that is archived. Many times, there are viral, Trojan, or other malware that corrupt a PST file. Other reasons can be corruption in the hard disk or the sector where the Outlook.pst file is saved.
The reasons can be many including power surges, using bad recovery tools, and large PST files. But here we are going to discuss the different ways to handle the situation when a PST file gets corrupted in Outlook 2019, 2013, 2016, 2010, 2007, and 2003.
Some Errors and Issues Detected in Outlook PST are:
- The PST is not a personal folders file
- Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- The PST could not be found
- Outlook PST could not be accessed
- The PST cannot be accessed – 0x80040116
How to Solve Issue When PST File Gets Corrupted in Outlook?
There are ways through which even a corrupted PST file can be resolved. Some of them have been discussed in the following segment. These are possible solutions to get back corrupted PST files in Outlook 2019, 2013, 2016, 2010, 2007, and 2003. Repeat the steps in exact ways to avoid any unnecessary loss of data.
Solution#1 Using the Inbox Repair Tool(scanpst.exe)
Often there are errors encountered while opening Outlook. This could indicate possible damage to the storage files. It is an inbuilt tool that checks Outlook data files. Other use for this tool can be in cases where the application keeps crashing, errors in sending or receiving emails, incomplete import or export process, or issues with view settings.
This is a free ScanPST.exe tool to fix issues in the PST files provided by Microsoft to diagnose such issues. It is a universal solution when the PST file gets corrupted in Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2013, and Outlook 2007. It is called the ScanPST.exe tool and is located in the Outlook Mail folder on a user’s machine. The default PST file is also saved in the same folder with a file extension ‘.pst’.
Steps to Run ScanPST
Follow the steps below to use the Inbox Repair Tool:
- Firstly, exit the Outlook application.
- Then, locate the scanpst.exe. It is very easy to locate the scanpst.exe file by searching the name of the tool in a file explorer window.
- Alternatively, press the Windows button on the keyboard. Type scanpst.exe in the search bar present on it.
- Then, double-click on the file name. An Inbox Repair Tool window will pop up.
- Next, Browse to the folder location where the .pst file is saved.
- After that, click on the Start button to start the scanning process.
- Following that, errors will be recorded by the scanner. Click the Repair option to fix problems in the Outlook PST file.
- After the repairs have been completed, restart Outlook with the profile for the PST which has just been repaired.
Now, when Outlook will open a new folder will be presented named Recovered Personal Folders. This folder will contain all the lost or recently deleted emails recovered by the repair tool. These mailbox items might not be in the original Outlook folder. Some of the folders may also be recreated which can be empty.
- Now, these lost and recovered emails may be saved in the original Outlook data file. For this, just drag and drop the emails to the mailbox folder of your choice.
- Having moved all the emails to the original Outlook mailbox, just delete Recovered Personal Folders.
Solution#2 Alternative Method of Using a Third-Party Tool
Many solutions are available on the internet, but we all know that not all methods are perfect and safe for our precious data files. That’s why we all want a safe solution to solve this type of critical task. So, we suggest to you an Advanced & Most Trusted Solution to Repair Outlook PST File in an accurate manner. This solution is perfect and provides you free demo version to better understand the complete procedure.
The manual solution is quite effective but data integrity and security of a personal folder file are often not guaranteed. Often users look for workarounds to perform the steps to resolve issues in Microsoft Outlook data files. As we have explained, one such tool is an alternative third-party tool to get back data in corrupted PST files.
It is a very easy-to-use and simple tool that easily recovers permanently deleted emails from outlook .pst file. Not only emails but other mailbox data items like contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, journals, etc. can all be recovered. The application quickly fixes Outlook PST file large but empty issue effectively. It is highly recommended by many data recovery agents.
Steps to Fix this Corruption Issue
- Install & run the Outlook PST Repair tool in your System.
- Upload the BAK or PST file by clicking on the “Add File” icon.
- View the complete data, and choose the required emails.
- Then, choose PST file format, and click on the export button.
- After that, enter the destination path where you want to save your precious data.
- Successfully fix this issue in just a few clicks.
Emails are accessed daily by an employee in an organization. It is essential that communication and workflow are maintained for daily activities. Often there are issues with a personal storage file (PST) of MS Outlook. This will ensure that the regular working of a company is not affected due to corruption in the PST file. For this purpose, this blog describes how PST file gets corrupted in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2010, 2013, 2007, and 2003.