Adobe PDF Commenting is Not Allowed – Resolved Issue
In today’s era, every single user uses the PDF file format which can be any financial statements, contracts, documentation or manuals, etc. This file format has reached users because it provides different security options. If there arises an instance to add comments, sticky notes, or any highlights to the PDF file, then due to security reasons recipients are unable to do it. They, find that the PDF commenting is not allowed & don’t know how to change it. Therefore, in this write-up, we have discussed the detailed procedure to enable commenting tools in PDF.
“Hi Everyone! Yesterday, my colleague has shared a software manual for reviewing purpose. I could open the PDF file on Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, however, there are so many changes to be done, which I need to comment over the text. As the file is restricted the PDF comment tools are greyed out. Please suggest some instant solution which can allow commenting on PDF documents. Kindly revert as quickly as possible!”
Method 1: Manually Fix PDF Commenting is Not Allowed Issue
It is a two-step process where first we need to disable protection from the PDF data files in order to enable commenting tools in PDF. After doing this we can add desired comment to the file. In the following section, we have discussed the simple approach which can allow commenting on PDF files.
Step 1: Disable Protection from PDF File
If PDF commenting is not allowed & you don’t know how to change then firstly disable securities from the document. For that follow these simple steps:
- To begin with, open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Now, select the lock icon from the left side of the window and click Permission Details
- Under the Security tab, select Security Method and choose the No Security option to enable PDF commenting
- After that, enter the correct password of the PDF file and click OK to disable the PDF password
- On closing the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC window, you will be prompted to save the changes
- After making the required changes, the password will be successfully disabled from the source/original PDF file
Step 2: Process to Add Comments in PDF
Once the security is disabled, the permission status PDF commenting is not allowed has been changed to allowed. Now is the time to add comments, highlights, and markups to the PDF file. To do the same, follow the below-listed steps in sequence.
- First of all, launch Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and open the PDF file
- Now, the comment option is not available directly on the software interface, hence it needs to be searched thoroughly
- For that, navigate and select the Tools option
- Then, click Comment to apply the desired comment to the PDF file
- It includes different types of comments, annotations such as sticky notes, highlight text, Strikethrough text, Add a note to the text, and many more
“My Sales Manager has shared a restricted PDF file. When I opened the file using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, I had found that the PDF comment tools are greyed out. I checked in the permission details and I had found that the PDF document commenting is not allowed. I don’t know how to change it. Moreover, there is no option in Adobe Reader to disable security. Hence, I have searched various automated tool to Simply Unsecure a Secured PDF Files. Can anyone advise the best tool that will disable protection and thereby allow Adobe PDF commenting?”
Method 2: Expert Tool to Fix PDF Commenting is Not Allowed Issue
Just like the above scenario, there are several users who are looking for solutions to enable PDF document commenting in Adobe Reader DC. Well, manually by using Acrobat Pro DC users can perform this task but it is required to know the permission password.
But, it is difficult for everyone to know the password for every PDF document. Therefore, in such cases, it is needed to have some alternative that can bypass the permission password from PDF documents. This tool is one such application that can Securely Unlock PDF Forms with 100% accuracy. It is a dynamic tool with impressive features that helps to delete all kinds of restrictions such as printing, copying, editing, commenting, and text extraction. It efficiently removes owner-level security and it does not require Adobe Acrobat to be installed to disable PDF protection. Additionally, it can support Adobe Acrobat with 128/256-bit encryption.
How Software Allows Commenting on PDF?
You can download the free version of the SysTools PDF Password Remover Software here. Available for both Mac & Windows.