How do You Unlock a PDF Form – Using 2 Methods
Do you want to know how do you unlock a PDF form? If you are unable to fill in your PDF forms that means it is having Owner-level security settings. In this blog, you will become acquainted with all the possible solutions to remove PDF security settings on Windows as well as MAC operating systems.
As you know PDF is liberated of any hardware, software, or operating system. This makes PDF a highly dependable file format to carry knowledge and information on various platforms. Many government agencies and private corporations are now producing documents including forms electronically. And Portable Document Format or simply PDF is their first choice.
Sometimes you encounter a FLAT PDF form that means its fields are frozen and you are unable to fill these form fields. It is because the owner of the PDF has set restrictions to fill in the PDF.
You can unlock these form fields using Tools:
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- PDF Password Unlocker Tool
Let’s dive into the workings of these tools.
How do you Unlock a PDF Form Using Adobe Acrobat Pro
This tool can be downloaded on both Windows and MAC operating systems. It is a complete software to manage, edit, split, merge, and secure/unprotect your PDF documents and files. That is why you will have to pay the top dollar for this exorbitant software.
Let us see how to unlock a PDF form using Acrobat Pro:
- Open the locked PDF form in Acrobat.
- Clicking on the “Unlock” in Acrobat, select these options: “Tools” > “Protect” > “Encrypt” > “Remove Security”.
- To enable PDF form filling: Because your PDF has Owner security settings, you have to provide the Permission password. Give it in the “Enter Password” textbox, then click on “OK”. Click on “OK” again for confirmation of the action.
Limitations of Using Adobe Acrobat When It is Used to Just Unlock a PDF Form:
- Adobe Acrobat will require an authorization code called Permission password to expel Owner-level security. If you are having the permission password of your PDF form then, you should go for an automated tool that doesn’t require a Permission password.
- As you can see its a high-end software for the complete management of PDF. This makes it highly expensive. You will have to pay $14.99 every month to take its subscription.
To overcome these limitations and swiftly unlock PDF forms you will need a special tool to eliminate restrictions. Read further to know which tool you should go for.
How do You Unlock a PDF Form Using This Automated Tool
It is the simplest and most reasonable approach to unlock PDF forms fields.
This tool is fit for dispensing with both PDF security types- User-level and Owner-level. This tool will help you to get rid of all kinds of restrictions like filling the PDF form, putting a signature, editing, printing, copying, extracting pages, and creating template pages.
Most praise-worthing characteristic of this utility is It does all the above things WITHOUT A PERMISSION PASSWORD!
To unlock form fields, you can follow the underneath steps:
Step-1. Download and introduce the tool on your Windows / MAC framework: To load your Locked PDF form click on the Add File(s)/ Add Folder button.
Step-2. Choose whether to save or print your PDF form.
Step-3. Press ‘Unlock‘.
In the same way you can unlock PDF for typing in it/ editing, printing, commenting, signing, etc.
You would now be able to fill in your PDF form. There is a free demo version available. Try the free version here:
FOR MAC OS X
- For Windows Vista / Win 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32-Bit & 64-Bit)
- Accessible for MAC OS X: 10.8 and Above
- PDF Attachments and formatting will be preserved while processing the PDF.
- The tool supports multiple PDF documents, files, and folders.
- (FOR MAC OS USERS) Make sure you have JDK 8 and JRE in your MAC machine. You can install it from HERE.
The best, simple, and the proficient way is to go for the automated Tool. This is an ideal solution to how do you unlock a PDF form. Well, most of you must have read other solutions that will tell you to make a copy of your PDF document using the Print option. But you can’t select the text or write anything in that. So the Print method won’t be of any use especially if your PDF would have a print restriction.