Outlook Data Files Not Responding | Top Three Solutions
Outlook is one of the most used email client and it stores its data in PST or OST file format. Now, the creation of the backend data of Outlook is totally dependent on the protocol you have chosen while configuring the account.
Like when you choose POP, then Outlook will store data in PST file format and when you create an account using the IMAP, then Outlook stores data in OST file format.
And here we are going to discuss the PST data file because there are many Outlook users who reported that their Outlook data files not responding. So if you also looking for the same, then you are on the right page.
Outlook Data File Not Responding – Reasons
Basically, there are multiple factors responsible for this error but in this section defines the some of the major reasons:
- If the PST file moved from the default location, then you will notice the same error with your Outlook data file.
- If you are opening the Outlook file which has no administrator privilege then you will face this error with your Outlook data file
- If the PST file is corrupted, then you will notice this error with your Outlook account.
So after knowing the reasons it is time to move towards the section where we will discuss the methods to fix the same.
Methods to Fix Outlook Data Files Not Responding Error
Basically, here in this section, we are going to discuss some free as well as some automated methods that will help to fix the above-discussed error.
#Method 1: Change Outlook Properties
Sometimes the internal configuration of Outlook is also the reason for this error. So, here in this section, we are going to discuss the steps to modify the Outlook properties. So follow the below step to complete the procedure.
1. Go to the location of the PST file now choose the file then right-click on it and choose properties.
2. Now, uncheck the Read-only box and click on the OK button.
3. After this setting, open Outlook again, and if the problem still exists.
4. Then right-click on the PST file again to bring up the Properties menu.
5. Select the Security tab, followed by the Edit tab.
6. After that, select Add, write Everyone and then select OK.
7. After checking the Full Control box, click the OK button.
8. Re-import the Outlook PST file into Outlook when you’ve finished making all of your adjustments.
#Method 2: Move the Location of the PST File
After trying the above methods if you still facing the Outlook data files not responding error, you can, try moving the PST file to a different place. To do so, simply follow the procedures below:
1. To start first, save the Outlook PST file to your computer’s desktop.
Note: Check to become sure the PST file isn’t set to “Read Only.”
Location of the PST file
C: User percent Username percent AppDataLocalMicrosoftOutlook%
2. Copy the PST file and paste it somewhere else.
3. Then, in your Outlook profile, try to import and open the Outlook file.
4. To begin, save the Outlook PST file to your computer’s desktop.
#Method 3: Repair Outlook Data File
As we stated above that, corruption of the Outlook PST file is also the reason for the Outlook data files not responding. So, it is very important to repair the Outlook PST file, Now to do this Outlook comes with its own Outlook inbox repair tool that is known as Scanpst.exe.
Now, to use this repair utility you have to find the location of the Scanpst file. This is quite a hectic task to do because the location of the ScanPST varies according to the Outlook version. But don’t worry here in this section we have mentioned all the default locations of the Outlook Inbox Repair Tool.
Location of Scanpst
For Outlook 2019: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
For Outlook 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
For Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
For Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
For Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
1. After finding Scanpst double click on the exe to open it.
2. To add the PST file, click the Browse option once the application has opened.
3. Then, to begin the scanning process, click the Start button.
4. When the scanning is completed click on the Repair button to repair the PST file.
Well the tool is nice But there are limitations with an Outlook inbox repair tool, it is only capable to repair minor corruption and if your file is highly corrupted then you can not able to fix this issue with the help of ScanPST.
In this case, you can use an automated program that allows you to fix both big and minor corruptions without any restrictions. Try Outlook PST Repair Software, which is specifically designed to repair Outlook PDT file corruption and assist in resolving issues that arise as a result of corruption.
Well, this is the end of the blog now, if you are facing the Outlook data files not responding error, then here in this blog, we have discussed the top methods to resolve it. So go through the write-up and try the method to fix this issue.