How to Migrate Multiple Email Accounts to Office 365 – Quick & Reliable Way
Nowadays, one in every three organizations relies on Office 365 for running a smooth business operation.
However, organizations frequently take necessary steps that are beneficial for their business. The decisions could be a change of the current O365 subscription plan or on a positive note merging or acquiring another company, etc. In any of the cases, after the final decision is made, migration of data including emails, contacts, calendars, etc to Office 365 becomes an essential task.
Further, large organizations have to manage and migrate multiple email accounts to Office 365 to avail of the benefits of the new subscription plan or in another case to collaborate in the work environment after the merger/acquisition.
From a technical point of view, migrating data to Office 365 is not an easy task. That’s why this how-to guide will cover all the aspects of effective email migration in Office 365 and help you perform a smooth migration.
[Note: Before you start an email migration, review and refer to best practices for Office 365 migration to make sure you get the performance and behavior you expect after migration.]
How Can You Successfully Migrate Multiple Emails Accounts to Microsoft 365?
Any task to achieve a fruitful result needs proper planning. And, there is no exception for a crucial project like moving emails in Office 365.
So, roll up your sleeves, sit with your IT department, and frame a precise plan to execute a seamless email migration.
With an appropriate plan, you can analyze the key objectives, and can also mitigate roadblocks of a migration process.
Hence, make sure to draw a neat blueprint, and prepare a pre-migration and post-migration checklist. And, if you need a source of information then refer to the write-up Office 365 pre and post-migration checklist to help you lessen the burden.
Another vital aspect of moving multiple email accounts to Office 365 is choosing the right approach.
So, what is/are the options available to carry out the overwhelming process?
Well, the most trusted approach for migrating emails to the well-known cloud platform is taking the help of the Most Secure SysTools Office 365 Tenant Migrator. This automated method will act as a data migration companion and will make the complex task easier.
There are many benefits of opting for the tried and tested tool and will discuss them shortly.
However, some users ask the below question while opting for email migration. Let’s have a look at the query and find the answer to the same.
Is It Worth a Shot to Migrate Multiple Emails to Office 365 Manually?
Usually, when it comes to performing the email migration manually, the PowerShell Scripting language comes into the picture.
And, frankly, most of the time, the manual method led to disappointment since users usually don’t have a good command of this highly technical language.
Then again, while attempting to move emails in Office 365 with the PowerShell commands, you have to be extra careful. Because if you entered a wrong in-line command by mistake then you could lose your sensitive information in the blink of an eye.
Hence, to be on the safer side and try to avoid using the technical and tedious approach to transfer emails between Office 365 accounts, it is suggested to go for the automated solution.
The tech giant itself recommends opting for trustworthy software while migrating emails into Office 365.
So, let’s have a look at the modern approach for carrying out a complex task like data migration.
One-Stop Solution to Transfer Multiple Email Accounts to Office 365 Using The Software
Oftentimes users get concerned about the safety of their important emails while planning on transferring them between Office 365 accounts. And, why not? After all, it contains years of hard work in the form of electronic information.
However, this time, you don’t have to worry, with the help of the software(mentioned in the above section) you can easily move emails without worrying about data loss. Also, if you wish to move the calendars, Tasks, Contacts, etc along with emails then you can simultaneously do the same.
In addition to that, this tool migrates data securely and maintains data integrity throughout the process. That’s why it is suggested by most IT professionals across the globe to rely on software like this for Office 365 data migration.
You are just a few clicks away from successfully migrating emails in bulk.
The migration steps include:
- Go to the official website of SysTools, download the software, and launch it on your system.
- Choose ‘Office 365’ as both the source and destination & tick the ‘Email’ checkbox.
[Note: You may also tick the other mailbox items such as Contacts, Calendars, Documents, etc. for the migration.]
- Enter the correct Admin Email and Application ID for both Source and Destination.
- Verify all the required source and destination permissions for the migration by clicking on ‘Validate’
- Specify users through various options i.e ‘Fetch Users’, ‘Import Users’, or ‘Download Template’
- Map the source & destination users then perform final verification.
- Finally, click on Start Migration to migrate multiple email accounts to Microsoft 365.
Other Benefits of Using The Tool:
- With an admin account, you can migrate Office 365 mailbox data in bulk.
- It supports the migration of Shared mailboxes.
- Also, you can perform an Office 365 In-place archive mailbox migration.
- You can easily migrate Office 365 data between tenants.
- Moreover, when some items get skipped during the initial run then with Re-run migration you can re-do the process without redundancy.
- With the Date Filter option, you can easily carry out a selective Office 365 data migration.
- If you want to set priorities and migrate them first then you can do that through account-based priority migration.
- The tool generates a comprehensive report at the end of the process showing the migration status.
Also Read: How to Save Emails from Outlook 365 to Hard Drive?
To put it in a sentence, pulling off a complex task like transferring multiple emails to the cloud requires careful planning and the right approach for carrying out the same. Hence, this technical how-to guide has explained the best way you can opt to migrate multiple email accounts to Office 365.