Exchange Jet Database Engine Errors – Quickly Repair & Fix
This Exchange Jet Database Engine errors can be a great hurdle in between the work and can affect the productivity of the business. Moreover, the resolution is not easy as it seems to be and users have to face certain challenges. Nevertheless, from now onwards it will not be tough to repair these issues. As we have come up with some resolutions tips along with a trouble free trick to fix those errors.
Exchange Server is a major platform for business continuity, and the crashing of it is like a nightmare. Exchange Jet Database Engine provides its core facilities through ESE storage technology, which is also famous as JET Blue. Extensible Storage Engine performs many crucial functions, but the most important one is to collect and spread the data by using a sequential or indexed method.
JET Blue is basically, a default configured technology, which comes with the necessities for the retrieval of crashed data of Microsoft Exchange 2013, 2010 etc. In addition, it acts a chief booster in the performance of the application. However, sometimes users have to encounter with Microsoft Jet database engine error.
Quick Fix: If you want to fix and repair corrupt Exchange database in an instant way with no data loss, then it is recommended to use Exchange Recovery Software which provides scan mode option i.e. Quick and Advance scan that easily recover & repair corrupt EDB files automatically without using any command.
Responsible Factors behind Microsoft Exchange Jet Database Engine Errors
Among different factors, one of the major reasons behind Jet Engine problems is the corruption or damage in MS Exchange 2010, 2013 database or application. These are different types of jet engine errors. Some of the major issues are mentioned in the upcoming section.
1. 1022 jet_errdiskio Disk IO Error
The reason behind the occurrence of error 1022 jet_errdiskio is the restrictions by the disk Input/Output process to the application for accessing the targeted page in its database.
Apart from this, Exchange Jet error 1022 can happen due to a corrupted file. This is possible when the user tries to access the page number that is more than the number of pages. Corruption can also occur because of inefficient activities of transaction log replay.
2. 1019 jet_errpagenotinitialized Blank Database Page
Users can encounter this 1019 jet_errpagenotinitialized error when the page which is requested is either empty or uninitialized in Exchange Jet Database Engine. Now, it is to be noted that damage in file system ultimately leads to the corruption in Server. This gradually arises the Jet error 1019.
3. 1018 jet_errreadverifyfailure Checksum Error
This ESEUTIL error 1018 jet_errreadverifyfailure occurs when an incorrect checksum or incorrect page number is encountered during page read step. The Server finds that the checksum value of the stored page and the final recalculated checksum are not same in the page read process. Also, the variance in the physical location and page number of a page may ultimately lead to the corruption of the EDB file system due to jet error 1018 active directory.
4. Few Other Exchange Database Issues
Along with the above mentioned error messages, there are several issues that a user may encounter while handling application database. This is the list of few more errors associated with corrupted EDB files:
- The Jet VBA file failed to initialize when called
- Unable to initialize dao/jet db Engine Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, XP
- jet_errrecordnotfound the key was not found
- The Jet VBA file vbajet32.dll failed to initialize
- Exchange jet_errattacheddatabasemismatch
After understanding the reason behind these flaws, let us move to solution part to fix these jet engine errors. There are many more issues namely, Exchange Jet error 1032, 1811, 1206, 528, 1003, 515 etc.
Resolution of Microsoft Exchange Jet Database Engine Corruption
Troubleshooting flaws in Microsoft Jet database engine is not an easy task. It requires an expert advice and the users have to follows one-step after the other cautiously. Two major things that are included in this process are:
Backup Exchange Database
Archive of database is very important, as we all know. It helps the user at the time when the user needs it very much. Therefore, this is one the major part to begin the resolution of Jet engine errors associated with the account. Users can take the backup of the entire database by using NT Backup programs or Windows Server backup.
1. Use ESEUTIL to Repair Database
Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013 etc. brings forth, different command line systems that can be used for the analysis and restoration of multiple errors as well as corruptions. Therefore, to initiate this procedure, you can launch the command prompt & type in the required ESEUTIL command. Each different command performs a different function. These are some command along with their functionality given below:
- ESEUTIL /c :– This command is for the execution of hard recovery in the database.
- ESEUTIL /m :– Input the earlier command if you desire to abandon information of the header of the database.
- ESEUTIL /D :– State this command for the facilitation of offline re fragmentation associated with the database.
- ESEUTIL /y :–Use this command for the execution of copy operation on enormous mailboxes of Exchange Server database.
- ESEUTIL /g :– Use this command to perform the integrity examination of data files.
- ESEUTIL /p :– Put this command at the time you wish for the recovery of the damaged database.
- ESEUTIL /R :– With this, command you can perform precious recovery functions on Exchange database.
- ESEUTIL /k :– Execution of this command can be done to initiate the investigation of checksum values.
In case, these commands fail to recover the Microsoft Exchange Jet Database Engine error all the information in the server may get lost. These solutions are not safe for a user who is not aware of the technical concepts of Exchange account. Because these manual methods to fix Exchange Server errors are confusing to the users.
Alternative Solution to Resolve Exchange Server Quickly
There are chances when the above-discussed solution may fail to work efficiently. In such cases, the users can opt for Exchange Database Recovery software which recover and repairs the severely damage or corrupted offline/dismounted Exchange database file in an efficient way. This utility provides dual scanning mode (Quick and Advance scan) that fix Exchange database corruptions.
Also, the advance scanning mode recovers hard deleted Exchange database mailboxes and items from loaded offline Exchange EDB file. The software can easily export data to Office 365, Live Exchange Server and different file formats after successfully recovery of mailboxes.
User can export mailbox from EDB to PST, EML, HTML, MBOX, PDF, MSG file to keep the data safe & secrure. After conversion, the software automatically generates the export report in CSV file forrmat which contains the success and fail count of exported Exchange mailbox data.
Key Features Of Automated Wizard
- Support Microsoft Exchange EDB and STM file
- Extract mailbox data from offline/dismounted Exchange database
- Preview Exchange mailbox items before conversion
- Maintains original folder hierarchy and keep metadata intact
- Remove (SMIME/OpenPGP) email encryption from Exchange mailboxes
- Convert EDB mailbox data items via categories & date filter option
- Compatible with Exchange Server, Microsoft Outlook, and Windows OS versions
To Sum It Up
Without any doubt, every platform that is used for storage of data or for another proposes is vulnerable or prone to corruption. This is the reason that we have enlightened the users about the error message encountered by them due to corruption issue in Exchange. These problems are known as Exchange Jet Database Engine errors. Considering the challenges, faced by users to resolve EDB data file, we have discussed some commands. Moreover, if it does not work then users can use a third-party utility.