Learn How to Add Google Apps Email To Outlook
Microsoft Outlook is a desktop-based email client that is used by companies worldwide to send and receive emails. It can be used to configure multiple accounts in one place like Yahoo, Gmail, AOL etc. Google provides a monthly subscription plan for extra mailbox space and private vault for emails. Many users prefer to add Google Apps email to Outlook to access multiple accounts from one place. Lots of employees look for workarounds to making this possible.
This post is created to help those looking for online solutions to sync and add G Suite to Outlook. It describes all the steps necessary to set up the account. Read the following segment carefully and follow the steps precisely.
If you are seeking to move G Suite email to Outlook, you can opt for the instant backup solution.
Manually Add Google Apps Email to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013
- First, launch the desktop email client on the local machine.
- Then, go to File menu from the top ribbon on MS Outlook application.
- Next, select the Info tab from the right side of the email client.
- From the Account Information section, select Add Account to set up Google mail on Outlook.
Note: Make sure to have Google email username and password handy.
- From the Add Account dialogue box, select the Manual Setup or additional server types and then click the Next button.
- In the Choose Service section, select POP or IMAP option and click on Next button.
- From the POP and IMAP Account Settings, add the necessary information to sync G Suite with Outlook.
- In the Server Information section, select Account Type as IMAP.
- Next, fill up rest of the settings like name and email address.
- Then, set the Incoming Mail Server value to imap.gmail.com.
- And, set the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) to smtp.gmail.com.
- Under User Name, type in the full email address followed by the Google Gmail password.
- Before proceeding to add Google Apps email to Outlook 2013, click on the More Settings button from the bottom-right corner.
- From the Internet E-mail settings dialogue box that pops up, select the Outgoing Server tab.
- Then, check the box that says My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
And then, select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- At this point, switch to the Advanced tab to connect Google Apps email to Outlook.
- Here, change the Incoming server port to 993 and the Outgoing server port to 465 or 587.
- Also, set the encrypted connection type as SSL for IMAP connection and TLS for SMTP like the image below.
- Then, click on the OK button.
- From the Add Account window, click on the Next button. The setting will be applied properly if all the steps are followed correctly.
- Finally, click on the Finish button to complete the process to set up Google mail on Outlook.
Limitations of Manual Process
- Technical Jargon: The steps can be quite confusing for a home or a non-technical user.
- Data Integrity Not Ensured: There is no guarantee that the process will ensure proper email formatting or structure.
- Lengthy Process: It is a long and time-consuming to follow each and every step.
Automated Solution to Export G Suite Email to Outlook
The manual solution is sufficient for adding the mailbox to Outlook. But there are many users who want to avoid the above-mentioned method, as they are moving all Google emails to Outlook 2019, 2016 or 2013.
To carry out such a task, take the help of the software to backup G Suite. It can download complete mailbox with emails, contacts, calendars from G Suite for Business or Education. It can easily export G Suite to Outlook PST format.
Following are some of the advantages of using the tool:
- Save Time: Archive multiple mailboxes in bulk with Domain login.
- No File Size Limitation
- Helps to import Google contacts to Outlook from multiple accounts
- Pause and Resume Process: Option to halt the archive process mid-way and resume from where it was left off.
- MS Outlook Version: This tool creates PST file supported by MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2010, 2007, 2003.
- Not syncing, but exporting: The solution do not sync the data but exports data from Google Apps email to Outlook.
The G Suite applications allow companies to use Google application under their domain. They use the Google services for communication and document collaboration. Often the need arises to add Google Apps email to Outlook 2019, 2016 to configure multiple accounts from one place.
This post describes all the steps necessary to set up Gmail account in Microsoft Outlook. An automated solution is also discussed at the end to export Google Suite mailbox to Outlook. If you are looking for a risk-free solution then, you can proceed with the above-mentioned tool.