How to Split Oversized PST Files in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010?
Summary:- Are you currently thinking of all the possible ways to split Oversized PST files. If yes, then do not need to worry now, you are on the correct page where you are supposed to be. Here, in this following article, we will discuss how users can resolve this query without facing any issues.
There are a variety of reasons to split oversized PST files. An oversized data file can create a lot of problems for Outlook users. Due to this, the overall performance of outlook can slow down as the oversized file takes time to upload and download. Also, there are chances that these files might get corrupted if there is any sort of interruption.
So, the only way to manage oversized data files is by reducing the file size, and for that one can split oversized PST files. For this, there are multiple tricks and techniques that we will explain in this upcoming segment. So, stay tuned for that.
What are the Methods to Split Oversized PST Files?
Now, if we talk about methods to divide large data files, then different methods can help you accomplish this task. And, you can choose any method that seems to work for you. Here follow these below-listed methods:-
#1. Via Import & Export Wizard
Execute these below-listed steps to split oversize PST files:-
- In the beginning, Navigate to the File menu>>Account Settings>>Account Settings.
- You will be able to see data files option and then hit on the Add option in the Account settings.
- Now, you have to create a .pst file and then name this particular file. Press the OK button after naming the files.
- After that, one can easily preview their new file under the data file list.
- Then, go to the File tab and select open & export option from the left side. Afterward, choose the Import/Export button.
- With that, the Import/Export field box will pop-up on your screen. Now, you can hit on the Export to a file option, and then click on the Next button.
- Next, you can now choose your Outlook data file (.pst) option and click on the Next button.
- Select Folder and check the include sub-folders option from the list and hit the Next option.
- You can now select your own destination path to save your output files and then make sure to highlight “Do not Export duplicate items” and press the Finish tab.
#2. Archive Feature to Break the Oversize PST Files
Now, to split oversize PST files make sure to follow these below-listed steps:-
- In this particular step, Open Microsoft Outlook and navigate to the File menu.
- Now, choose the Info tab and after that one can select Tools>>Clean up old items.
- One can easily choose a folder to archive and then choose a date in the Archive section box.
- After that, you can select your required destination path by simply choosing the Browse option.
- Complete the entire process by pressing the OK button.
There are a bunch of tricks and techniques available besides the ones that we have mentioned here. Overall, these methods are free of cost and one can use them without paying a single penny. But, with these techniques, there are chances that you may end up losing your crucial data and it is important to have some type of technical assistance while performing these tasks.
Now, this can all be avoided if you simply use an Automated tool to split oversized PST files. Yes, with a professional tool there are no chances of data loss or any corruption. It guarantees 100% working results and can be used by both professional and novice users.
#3. Using a Professional Tool
There are multiple online tools or third-party software that can be used to split oversized PST files. But, for this solution we want a simple & reliable solution. One such solution is the Best PST Splitter Tool that can be utilized to split oversized, large, corrupted PST files. Also, it is compatible with all the released versions of the Windows operating system. Not only that, with this tool, you have the freedom to save your output file in your desired location.
Step by Step Tutorial to Divide Large PST File
Follow these below-mentioned instructions:-
1. Download and Run this Splitter tool on your Windows system.
2. Add your files by selecting Add File/Folder or Search options.
3. Click on the Browse option to select your location to save the resultant data. Then, click on the Next option.
4. Users can select their required split options to split their files by date, year, folder, email id, or category.
5. Press the Next button after checking the summary of the split information.
Now, It is possible to split over 50 items for free with this application. Users can utilize the free version of this tool and after trying it they can purchase the full version as well.
The blog explains different solutions to split oversize PST files in Outlook 2019,2016,2013, 2010, 2007 & 2003. Now, we have mentioned free and professional solutions that can help users solve this query. But, there are some disadvantages of the manual method as it has the risk of data loss and corruption. So, to save you from all those troubles we have provided another professional solution that can help you accomplish this task easily.