How to Recover Lost Emails in Yahoo Mail: Top 5 Solutions
Nowadays, sending and receiving the messages has become easier with the help of webmail service. Yahoo Mail (Altaba) is one of the most popular mail services and it is very easy to make accounts on Yahoo. It also offers various services like contacts, calendars, videos, etc. embedded in it. But sometimes, there are chances that we delete some email messages mistakenly. These deleted data move in the Trash folder automatically and it will available only for 30 days i.e. retention period. Data will get deleted permanently from the trash folder after completion of the retention period. In this case, it becomes tough if you do not know how to recover lost emails in Yahoo Mail after 30 days. Hence, in this blog, we will provide you the solution to recover deleted emails in Yahoo Mail. Let’s have a look at user query to understand the issue more precisely.
Also Read: How to protect Yahoo Mail Account from hackers
Procedure to Recover Lost Emails in Yahoo Mail
The lost Yahoo emails can be recovered by using various solutions. Some of them are discussed here:
Solution 1: Check your Trash Folder
If you delete any emails from the Yahoo Mail account, then it gets moved into the Trash folder for a certain time period. After 30 days, it will get completely removed from your account. Make sure you have checked the “Trash folder” of your Yahoo Mail account. In order to check the trash folder, follow the given below steps:
- At first, sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Then, click on the “Trash” option from the left-hand side panel.
- Now, you can find your deleted emails in the trash folder.
Solution 2: Using Basic Search Option
Another way to find or recover lost emails in Yahoo Mail using the Basic Search option on your Yahoo Mail account. To utilize the Basic Search option, you can follow the given below steps:
- First of all, enter the valid credentials and sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Now, go to the Yahoo Mail account’s page, here you will find the “Search bar” option.
- After that, enter a keyword related to the email in the “Search bar” & click on the “Search Mail” button.
- Finally, you will get a list of emails related to the keyword entered by you.
Solution 3: Advanced Search Option
Yahoo Mail also provides an “Advanced Search” option to find the lost/deleted data based on Folder, Date, Attachment, etc. Perform the below-mentioned steps to use the “Advanced Search” option.
- Sign into your Yahoo Mail account.
- Then, go to the “Drop-Down” menu that is next to the “Search Bar” option.
- Now, scroll down to find the “Advanced search” option and click on it.
- Finally, try to enter as much information as you can in the prompted fields and get your required email.
Solution 4: Submit a Restore Request
If you have permanently deleted the email from your Yahoo account the next way is to sent Restore request. Send a “Restore Request” to the Yahoo Mail subject to recover lost emails in Yahoo Mail. For this, there are some conditions that are given here:
- It will recover only those emails that would have gone missing in the last seven days.
- After submission, you will not be able to cancel the “Restore Request”.
- Restoration requests are not 100% reliable.
- Emails that would be recovered with “Restore Request” will be added back to the same folder where they were in the time frame that you choose to restore.
- If you cannot find the emails after the restoration process gets completed, make sure to check the “Trash folder”.
Solution 5: An Ultimate Solution to Restore Lost Yahoo Emails
In case, if you are still unable to find lost Yahoo emails, then you should try to recover lost emails in Yahoo Mail archive folder in local drives, that is stored in your local disk. But, to use this method, it is required to have a backup file of Yahoo data in your system. As for safety purpose, it is better to take backup of Yahoo emails locally. This may help you later when face loss or damage of emails or other data in Yahoo account. You can easily take a backup (storage) of Yahoo Mail account with the help of SysTools Yahoo Mail backup tool.
- At first, download and install SysTools Yahoo backup tool.
- Then, enter the correct credentials & Login your Yahoo account.
- Select the file to save the recovered data as per your requirement i.e., PST, EML, MSG, and MBOX.
- You can also apply the date filter option and choose the desired location to save the backup file.
- Now, click on the Start button and the software will start the backing process.
- After completion of the backup process, go to the destination location, you can view final converted files.
- Finally, if you have a backup of Yahoo mail then you can easily restore the lost Yahoo emails from backup.
Yahoo emails are important for users, so they cannot afford the data loss. If they delete their emails by mistake, then it is essential to restore lost data. Thus, in this blog, we have covered both manual and automatic way to recover lost emails in Yahoo Mail. But, Yahoo backup tool is the much better option to recover permanently deleted emails in Yahoo Mail.