Fix: Outlook 2013 Mail Icon in Control Panel not Opening: Smart Strategy
“Recently, I have upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 8 and installed Outlook 2013. The automatic updates are enabled and I am at 15.0.4833.1001. Yesterday, when I tried to open the Mail applet in Control Panel, I was unable to get the Profile Settings. I can create a new profile because the option is marked to prompt for a profile. Fixmapi.exe did not fix it. I reinstalled Office twice and also did a fresh Windows 8 installation. Still, Outlook 2013 Mail icon in Control Panel not opening Windows 7. Any ideas how to resolve this issue?”
Are you facing ‘control panel mail application not found’ in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 version in windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 OS and want to fix this issue? If yes then, do not be panic as we have come up with this problem-tackling blog. Here, we will discuss an eminent technique that can fix this issue without any inconvenience. So let us get started!
Outlook 2013 Mail Icon in Control Panel not Opening – Solutions
Sometimes while using Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010; the users become unable to open mail from control panel command prompt. This issue occurs after installing June 2016 update for Office 2013; Click-to-Run and its version number is 15.0.4833.1001. To recognize whether you are utilizing a Click-to-Run installation and to get the installation version number to follow the below-mentioned guidelines:
- In Outlook click on File >> Office Account
- View the information under the Product Information
- If you are using a Click-to-Run installation of Office 2013 then, Office Updates will be displayed. Now, under the Office Updates, review Version:
- If the version is 15.0.4833.1001 then, this blog applies to your installation
- And if the version is 15.0.4823.1004 or earlier then, this article will not apply to your installation
Check Microsoft Office Updates, Before Fixing Control Panel Issue
If there are no Office Updates then, you are utilizing an MSI-based installation of Office 2013. Then, this blog is not for you.
Resolution: Before going further, make sure that your Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation is done at version 15.0.4841.1001 or later. If this is not the version then, update the Office 2013 installation to fix ‘control panel mail application not found Outlook 2016, 2013 versions’ issues. For this:
- First, open any Office application i.e., Outlook or Word
- Click on File >> Office Account or Account to resolve Outlook 2013 Mail Icon in Control Panel not opening problem
- Here, check the current version from Office Updates section
- If it is not at 15.0.4841.1001 or later version then, hit the Update Options menu and click on Update Now
Note: If you are having previously disabled updates then, click on Enable updates >> Update Options >> Update Now
If not capable to install updates via above-mentioned steps then, pick any below-mentioned method:
Do not Forget: If you already have a profile and you need to add a new account to that particular profile then, open your Outlook and click on File >> Add Account. After that, follow the prompt to add a new account.
#Approach 1: Launch Outlook with ‘Choose Profile’ Option via Command-Line Switch
This technique is handy if you want to create a new Outlook profile and select which Outlook profile to launch or set as a different Outlook profile. If you need to access Outlook Account Settings then, go to Approach 2.
- Close the Microsoft Outlook (if open)
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box
- In Run wizard, execute the following command-line switch and hit the Enter button
#Approach 2: Reverting Office 2013 Click-to-Run Installation to Earlier Version
If your Outlook 2013 Mail icon in control panel not opening then, you can try to revert the Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation to version 15.0.4823.1004. For this, follow below mentioned steps:
- Close all Office applications
- Now, click on Start and in Start Search box, type cmd or cmd.exe then, click on Run as administrator
- In command prompt, run the following command and hit the Enter button
- For Office 2013 installation and the 32-bit version of Windows:
cd %programfiles%\Microsoft Office 15\ClientX86
- For Office 2013 installation and the 64-bit version of Windows:
cd %programfiles%\Microsoft Office 15\ClientX64
- After this, run the following command:
officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=15.0.4823.1004
- In the Repair window, click on Online Repair
- Click on Repair >> Repair
- Once repairing gets completed, launch Outlook
- Select File tab and click on Office Account
- Now, in Product Information section, click on Update Options >> Disable Updates
Important Note: This step is very important as the repair procedure re-enables the automatic updates.
Summing It Up
This article, comprise a complete solution for Outlook 2013 Mail icon in control panel not opening issue. Here, we have discussed different techniques to fix this control panel settings problem. It is recommended to follow the guidelines carefully and sequentially to avoid any kind of data loss. This blog provides proper information regarding mail icon missing from control panel windows (32 / 64 bits) efficiently.