How Can I Migrate Google Account to Another? Know Here!
“This write-up will explain to you a complete understanding of how can you migrate Google account to another account, but also why you should do so. In addition to the manual approach, there is an automatic tool AKA Google Drive Migration Software – that can easily export Google Drive files to another Google Drive account.”
When it comes to the most dependable online cloud storage platform, Google Drive is consistently at the top of the list as it offers 15 GB of free space. In general, consumers are ecstatic about having so much space.
But wait a minute!
This 15 GB of free space is split across Google Photos, Drive, and Gmail. It doesn’t take long for the storage limit to be exceeded. In such circumstances, the user must either purchase extra storage space on Drive or transfer the data to another G Drive account. Because paying for extra capacity is not an option for every user, the majority of individuals prefer to move their files to a new Google Drive account. Below, we will find the reasons for the same in brief.
Reasons to Migrate Google Account to Another?
- If you don’t have much space left in your Gmail account.
- Your current account is not operational.
- You have some important papers on a shared account that you want to shift to a personal account.
- Changing the domain as a consequence of graduating from high school or college, changing jobs, or other circumstances may necessitate the users to migrate Google Drive data from one account to another account.
Now, let’s have a look at the techniques for exporting Google Drive files to another Google Drive account.
Workarounds for Google Drive Data Migration
Option 1: Using a Professional tool to move Google Drive files
SysTools Google Drive Migrator is a tool recommended by professionals to migrate the Google Drive information to another account, without losing any data. It migrates all kinds of Google Drive data like images, doc files, videos, etc. You can even export the Deleted Items folder to another account by customizing the options.
Let’s have a look at the steps to understand the procedure:
- Download and Install the tool on either of your Windows or Linux system.
- Now, click on the “Setup” tab and choose both Source & Destination platforms like G Suite.
- Under the Workload Selection, select the Document option. Also, apply the different filters available like the date filter.
- Enter the details of the G Suite. Also, add a certificate file and validate the provided details.
- Add users from accounts that have to be processed.
- Fetch Users: You can get the user from the source domain.
- Import Users: It can be achieved by importing a CSV file.
- Finally, authorize the users by validating them and then click on Start Migration.
Option 2: Migrate Google Account to Another using Native Approach
The most straightforward way to transfer data from Google Drive is to use the in-built facility of your Gmail account
Read the steps to get a better understanding:
- Go to Google Drive after logging into your Gmail account.
- Choose the documents or files you want to move to another account.
- Now, right-click on the files and select Share; a new wizard will appear on the screen.
- Enter the account information for another Gmail account and then select Advanced settings.
Make that the access permission modification is set to “To Owner,” and then click the Send button.
- The data will be moved to another Google Drive account, which you may use to see your files.
Problems with the Manual Method
- The processes are tough and difficult for a non-technical individual to complete.
- It takes time, and if you don’t know how to use Google Drive, you won’t be able to execute these procedures simply.
The Bottom Line
There can be a variety of scenarios where we are required to migrate Google account to another. Therefore, the most effective techniques for migrating data from one Google Drive account to another have been discussed in this article, and you can choose according to your preference.