How to Import OST to Outlook 2019/ 2016/ 2013/ 2010/ 2007/ 2003 Without Hassle
If you are looking for a solution that would import OST to Outlook 2019, 2016, then you can rely on this article. Because this blog discusses the different reasons and its various available techniques to transfer Offline OST File to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007. It also comes up with secure automated software that can export OST files into Microsoft Outlook 2010 in simple steps.
When Microsoft Outlook is connected to Exchange Server it uses OST file format to store the offline content on the computer hard drive locally. It enables a convenient way for users to work offline and then synchronize those changes with the Exchange account next time when he/she is connected. i.e. one can make the changes on an Offline Storage file even when the server is not connected. However, there are some situations when these files become inaccessible to the user. To resolve this, one needs to import OST file into Outlook 2013 compatible file format.
Reasons to Import OST to Outlook 2013 Data File Format
Many users having issues with their file conversion, one such query related to how to import OST file to Microsoft Outlook 2013 is discussed below:
“I have an OST file of an old Outlook account containing some important data. I tried to convert these files into Outlook account using some manual methods suggested by my friend. But while working on those manual steps to export these data file to MS Outlook, some of the data has got deleted. Please suggest me a simple and fast technique on how to open Outlook data file .ost in Outlook 2007 without losing any data.”
Let Us Find The Reason Why We Need OST Conversion:
- Exchange server can get crashed unexpectedly due to various causes and may result in displaying error messages.
- In the case of Server downtime or maintenance, the user will not be able to access the mailbox. Since emails are stored in an OST file, one may need to transfer/add OST file into Outlook 2010 and then convert it into Outlook application.
- All the data can be recovered even after accidental deletion of the mailboxes on the Exchange server using this process.
- The process that import OST to Outlook 2007 may help in migrating the data from one place to another.
- When working with Microsoft Outlook 2003, one might come across any error messages. The only solution to solve this is, performing the conversion and restore the data back.
- The Offline storage file might get corrupted while synchronizing the works or changes done at offline to Exchange Server. This can lead to inaccessibility of mail items.
The users always find it tough to change OST file to personal data file. i.e. converting offline storage files into MS Outlook profile is not completely possible using any manual method. So this article comes up with some manual trick. It helps to import OST file to Outlook 2010 along with a unique tool to perform this task rapidly.
Manual Method to Export Offline OST file in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 User Account
There are three different manual methods that are available to import OST to Outlook 2010.
1. Using Import-Export Wizard Feature:
This is the simple way to move OST files to Outlook 2007. This inbuilt application can change Offline storage file to CSV and excel file formats but it doesn’t ensure an accurate migration if the user is not technically strong.
- Open Microsoft Outlook account.
- Now click on File >> Export to a file >> Next.
- Then choose the Personal File Folder and >> Next.
- Now pick the folder to transferred and mark on Include sub-folders.
- Browse to the location to store the data >> Finish.
2. Utilize the Backup Feature of MS Outlook
The user can follow the steps given below to know how to import OST to Outlook 2003 if you don’t need to migrate your contacts to personal storage file format.
- Open the Microsoft Outlook user account.
- Go to File >> Archive.
- Choose the file or folder to be archived from the window displayed.
- Browse to the location to store the file generated.
- Finally, click OK.
3. Drag and Drop Mailbox Items To New Outlook Data File:
This method allows you to add OST file into Outlook 2013. But, the default folders of Offline file like inbox, contacts, and calendars cannot be transferred using this method. It involves dragging and dropping mailbox items.
- Create a new personal storage file in your Outlook account.
- Then drag the mailbox folders of OST file to a new file created.
Limitations to Manual Solutions:
The three techniques explained above has many demerits that make users worried in using those. They can be:
- Need for technical expertise in case of errors in between the process.
- Impossible to change inbox, contacts, and calendars to Personal Storage file format.
- The user may need to create a new Outlook data file to reorganize the data.
- Individually conversion may take a long time for completion.
- A Mistake during the process may lead to data corruption and loss.
An Alternative Method to Import OST to Outlook Data File Format
Since the above-explained manual steps are not very efficient in the completely converting the files, here explains a software named as OST to PST Converter. It is designed to export OST files to MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 format. The application will transfer all the data items that are stored in the OST file like emails, contacts, journals, notes, tasks, etc. Moreover, this software can also move an offline Outlook data file (.ost) 2013 of any size successfully. This is one of the best tools available for performing Offline file conversion. It also has many other features like:
- Provide options to add OST file into Outlook 2019, 2016, Office 365, EML and MSG.
- It can recover and extract all the data items of the Offline OST file.
- Support recovery of deleted offline mailbox items.
- The utility is compatible with Outlook 2016 and all the below versions.
- It can also move Outlook.bak file to any MS Outlook version.
- The tool can also move the Offline file to Exchange Online user account.
- The product has a date filter option to export the file by required date.
Steps to Export Outlook OST file data to MS Outlook Compatible PST format
- Download and Install the Software from here
- Click on Add file to add the Outlook OST file.
- Now Select the Scan Mode from Quick and Advanced Scan.
- Preview the Complete OST file Mailbox data items before exporting
- Select the PST file format and also browse its destination location to save the resultant file. After that click on the Export button.
This blog describes the best ways to import OST to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 data file format. It also describes the reasons and the benefits along with the drawbacks associated with the manual procedure which transfers the files to another. To open items from an offline Outlook data file (.ost) 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, most recommended conversion software is suggested. This OST to Outlook Conversion application export the files without any data loss to Outlook Personal Storage file format.