How to Fix Google Drive Sync Not Working in Windows 10, 8.1, 7, XP?
Facing issues like ‘Google Drive not syncing all files Windows 10’ OS? The blog describes a few solutions that could solve Google drive offline sync not working or running problems efficiently. The solutions discussed in the article can be referred by other MS Windows OS users like Windows 8.1, 8, 7, XP etc.
Nowadays, Google Drive is used by most of the users to manage files, images, presentations from multiple devices such as smartphones, laptops etc. Basically, Google Drive is a cloud-based file storage service developed by Google. Although, it is an efficient service that allows the user to synchronize files across devices, store file on their servers and share files. But most of the users come across ‘Google Drive sync not working in Windows 10’. They have some issues while syncing their desktops file & folders with Google Drive. There can be many reasons for this Google Drive sync not starting issue. The situation becomes frustrating for the user when he/she is not able to complete the work when Google Drive sync not working. Therefore, in this blog, we are going to introduce some solutions using which the user can eliminate the Google Drive sync issue on Windows 10, 8.1, 7, XP Operating system.
Troubleshoot Broken Google Drive Sync not Working in Windows 10
The user can easily eliminate Google Drive sync not starting issue in Windows 10 by following the various methods given below.
Method 1: Reinstall Google Drive
Reinstalling Google Drive can resolve Google Drive won’t sync issue, the user just has to follow the steps to install Google Drive. Before doing this, you migrate data from Google Drive to another Google Drive if possible. To re-installing G Drive, make sure you are following the given steps in a correct way.
- First of all, if you are using G Drive then quit Google Drive. For this open the icon in the notification area
- Now, un-install Google Drive
- On your local storage rename your Google Drive
- After that, you have to download the latest edition of the Google Drive and install it
- Now, check the syncing is working on the Windows 10 operating system or not
Method 2: Turn Off Windows Firewall and Disable Antivirus
Sometimes, Windows firewall or third-party antivirus leads to Google Drive not syncing on Windows 10 issue. Try to disable it by following the steps given below:
- First, you have to press Windows Key+S and then enter Firewall. Now, select Windows Defender Firewall
- Now, you will see Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option in the left pane. Click on it
- Select Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option and then click on the OK button to save all the changes
Method 3: Try to Restart Google Drive
If the user is facing G Drive Sync issues or Google Drive sync not working in Windows 10, 8.1, 7, XP, then he/she can troubleshoot it by simply restarting the application. Just restart Google Drive and check sync not running issue is still there or not.
Method 4: Run Google Drive as Administrator
You can also run Google Drive as an administrator. The user can run G Drive as administrator by following the steps given below:
- First, you have to locate the Google Drive shortcut or .exe file on your system
- Now, you have right click on the file/shortcut and then select Run as administrator option from the menu
- If the above steps support your system then you can set Google Drive to always start with administrative privileges. For this, you have to follow the steps given below:
- Go to Google Drive’s installation directory and locate Google-Drive.exe file
- Now, you have to right-click on the Google Drive and then select Properties from the menu
- Go to Compatibility tab > Run this program as an administrator option. Now, click Apply and click on the OK button to save the changes
- After following the steps, Google Drive will always start with administrative privileges. Now, start Google Drive and you issue will be resolved.
While doing a critical work, facing different issues make the situation worse for the users. There are many Google Drive users who are facing syncing issues in Window 10. However, Google Drive is a smart service provided by Google which makes easy for the user to organize documents, images etc. Still, users are facing synchronization issues while working with Google Drive. Therefore, in this blog, we have listed some methods using which the user can easily fix Google Drive sync not working in Windows 10.