How to Export Google Apps Contacts to vCard VCF File Format
“From past few months, I am using G Suite account and I want to access all contacts in VCF file format as my manager’s demand. Being a fresher I have to do whatever is being asked. I feel stuck while exporting Google Apps contacts to vCard file. I have searched many websites, but unable to find any effective solution. Can someone help me?
vCard is a standard file format that can be used to save contact details in a digital format. It contains all the information related to a specific contact like email address, name, mobile number, etc. It is mostly used to move contact information between two address books and could be attached to emails also. Moreover, it is compatible with all email client applications, mobile phones, and so on. Besides this, end user wants to search a solution that helps to migrate G Suite contacts to VCF file format. Here, in this blog, we are going to discuss a manual method to let users understand how to import contacts from Google Apps into VCF file format.
Different Ways to Migrate Google Apps Contacts to vCard
Many people have similar queries as described above. So go through the following workarounds through which users can easily transfer their contacts from Google Apps to .vcf file. Let’s have a look:
Export Contacts From G Suite Account Manually
Here are a few steps for exporting Gmail contacts as VCF file. Some of them are given below:
- First of all, Open the Google Contacts. If you are in the new contact list with a blue bar at the top of the screen, click on “More” and then, select “Export” button
- Now, select the Google Contacts that you wish to export
- In the next step, choose an export format in which you want to move the data
- Navigate to “More” option to expand the menu bar
- Select the “Export” button
- Choose the “Next” button to select the type of export option you want
- After this, choose the Export format and then, click on the “Export”
- In the end, hit on Save File option and press “OK” for saving the file in the desired folder
Finally, Google Contacts list could be converted to vCard Vcf file in the location where all downloaded files will appear.
Limitations of Moving Contacts from Google to .vcf Manually
- It is very lengthy and time-consuming procedure to import Google Apps contacts to vCard file.
- The above-mentioned steps can be quite confusing for a non-technical user.
- This process won’t be easy going for huge contact file, since it may result in data loss.
Convert Google Contacts to VCF Using Automated Solution
To overcome the limitations of a manual solution so many users find a professional method to migrate Gsuite contacts in one go. One such solution that performs this task is G Suite Backup Tool. It can export all contacts in G Suite account into vCard VCF file format with the contact fields. i.e., emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes etc can be easily moved using this application. Even it can take backup of G Suite emails and save them in different file formats like EML, MSG, MBOX or PST. There are some prominent features of the utility are given below:
Benefits of Third-Party Tool
- G Suite contacts Backup: Migrate Google Apps Contacts to vCard file along with the contact fields such as name, phone, FAX, email address, company name, email ID, URL, etc must remain intact.
- Tool Offers 2 login option: This tool can provide single and domain option while login the particular account. Using domain option, end users can provide all the credentials of a specific domain and after that, take the backup.
- Allows G Suite Calendar Backup: The tool can download the calendar as ICS file Format, which allows shared schedules and much more.
- Take Backup From Google Drive: Users allow to take the backup of Google docs into different file formats.
- Single or Multiple Account Backup: Multiple users backup service provided by the tool that could be availed through Import CSV option or with a Domain User option.
Wrapping It Up
Google Apps is one of the most popular applications that offers various services such as Gmail, Calendars, Hangouts, etc. Moreover, end users can save their crucial data on the cloud using G Suite. Therefore, due to unavailable circumstances, there is always a risk of data loss. Thus, in this blog, we have covered a direct way to export Google Apps contacts to vCard file format in an efficient manner. Else, users can take help of an automated solution named as G Suite Backup software through which they can easily migrate the contacts to .vcf file without any fear of data loss.