How to Add Yahoo Mail to Outlook? Best Guide
Yahoo is one of the most popular email services among its users both for professional as well as personal use especially because of its 1TB of free storage space. However, in recent times users have been facing issues related to its performance and security. Thus, people have now been searching for other email service clients like Outlook. It is a program with user friendly features and also allows users to arrange their emails as per their needs. Thus, in this article, we will provide you with a simple and easy step by step guide to add Yahoo mail to Outlook.
Table of Contents:
Why do you Need to Set up Yahoo Email in Outlook?
Outlook is one of the most user friendly programs that provides users with a centralized platform for managing emails, communication, scheduling, etc. Users can also integrate it with other Microsoft Office applications and use it in collaborating across workspaces and sharing workflows with others. There are different reasons for every user that lead to the need to add Yahoo mail to Outlook, let us discuss some of them in brief.
- As a daily user of email services, most of them want to have access to their emails even in the offline mode. Outlook has a feature that allows you to read and even clear your emails in offline mode.
- Outlook also has multiple other features like high server response time, higher security, user-friendly interface, etc. and thus, users want to set up Yahoo email in Outlook.
- No user wants to lose their important data in emails due to a virus attack or accidental deletion and thus, it becomes important to create a backup of your emails. Thus, you should create a backup of all the important data in your email attachments like images, invoices, documents, notes, etc.
Read More: How to Recover Lost Emails in Yahoo Mail?
Manual Method to Add Yahoo Mail to Outlook
- Go to All Programs, open the “Outlook” app, and log in using your email credentials.
- Click on the “File” tab and then select “Account and Social Network settings”.
- Next, click on “Account settings” and then under the email section select “New”.
- Now, you have to provide the necessary details such as “Name”, “Email address” and “Password”.
- Click on “Next” and it’s done, you have successfully linked your email account with Outlook.
Some users might face difficulty in using the manual method, for them we have an alternate solution to add Yahoo mail to Outlook using professional software. Let us understand this with an easy step by step process in the next section.
Set up Yahoo Email in Outlook Using Professional Software
For many users the manual method may not be an ideal solution, so, an ideal solution for them is to add Yahoo mail to Outlook using SysTools Yahoo Backup Software. Using this software you can create a backup of your Yahoo emails into PST file format and then import all your data into Outlook.
Steps to Add Yahoo Mail to Outlook
Now, let us look at the steps following which you can easily create a backup of your Yahoo emails into PST file format.
- Open the professional Yahoo backup software, after that provide your email login credentials, and click on “Login”.
- Now under “Select email format” choose “PST” as the file format so that you can add Yahoo mail to Outlook.
- Next, click on the “Browse” button to select the destination to save your file, and then click on “OK”.
- Using the “Delete After Download” option you can delete all your data from the server after the completion of the backup process.
- Click on the “Apply Filter” option to create a backup of only the selected email folders between a specified time interval.
- Now click on the “Start” button to initiate the download process, after that click on “OK”.
Now you can check the PST file saved at the selected file destination and follow the below mentioned instructions to finally set up Yahoo email in Outlook.
- Open the Outlook app on your system and click on the “File” tab on the top left side of the screen.
- Go to “Open & Export”, click on “Import/Export” and then select the option to “Import from another program or file”.
- Now select the “Outlook Data file” option and after that click on “Next”.
- Next, click on the “Browse” button to select the files that you want to export.
Why is Professional Software Better than Manual Method?
- Using a professional software you can convert your Yahoo emails into other file formats as well like EML, MBOX, PDF, etc. which is not available using the manual method.
- The manual method to add Yahoo mail to Outlook is very time consuming, thus, an ideal solution is to use a professional software to make the backup process quick and easy.
- The professional software provides a very user-friendly interface with 100% accuracy of conversion whereas using the manual method has high chances of data loss.
- Professional software allows you to pause or resume the download process which is a very good feature in situations where you face issues with the internet connection. In the manual method, you have no other option than to start with the linking process again.
In recent times people have been switching to email clients such as Outlook to access their emails even in offline mode. As a solution to this problem, we have discussed different methods that you can use to easily add Yahoo mail to Outlook. However, using the manual method is very time consuming and also there are high chances of data loss. Therefore, an ideal solution will be to take the help of Yahoo backup software mentioned above in the article to make your backup process easy and secure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 Why can’t I add Yahoo mail to Outlook?
Ans. You might be facing this issue because you are using your regular account password, instead, you need to enter the application password.
Q.2 Can I send an email from Yahoo to Outlook?
Ans. Yes, you can easily send an email from Yahoo to Outlook, click on the right facing arrow on the top of the toolbar, then enter the recipient’s email address and click on the “Send” button.
Q.3 Can I forward an entire email conversation in Yahoo?
Ans. Yes, you can forward an entire email conversation in Yahoo, forward the most recent message, and then all the previous messages in the entire email conversation will be sent.