How to Remove Password from VBA Code Excel? Complete Guide
Microsoft Excel is a very good platform to store your data safely. Also, Excel provides a very good feature to back up the data with the help of VBA code. But sometimes it happens that the user forgot the VBA code. Hence, users are looking for ways to remove password from VBA code Excel. And gets confused by so many solutions. So don’t worry! Here in this blog, you will find the most reliable solution to easily remove your VBA code from Microsoft Excel.
Moreover, in the next paragraph, you can find the manual methods to fix this problem. Make a backup copy of your data in a safe place beforehand as the manual method may lead to data loss.
Manual Solution to Remove Password from VBA Code Excel
In the following section, we will mention the two different manual solutions. Read them carefully.
Solution 1. Remove Password from VBA Code Excel Using Hex Editor
- Open the hex editor and create an Excel spreadsheet.
- Now enter the VBA password in the sheet.
- Save the sheet and click Finish.
- Open the Excel spreadsheet you created with the hex editor.
- Then find the line with these letters CMG=…, DPB=…, and GC=… and copy it.
- And remove the password from the VBA code you want to remove it from.
- Then save the files and exit.
- Lastly, just open the file you want to see and enter the VBA code you created in the first point.
Solution 2. Remove Password from VBA Code Excel Using Workbook Method
- First, open the workbook with all protected sheets.
- Now press the “Alt + F11” keys simultaneously to check sheets.
- Now insert the code by typing insert-module.
- Finally, close the VB editor and remove the VBA code by going to the workbook.
Now you can see that the above manual methods are so tedious and too complicated for non-technical users. And as mentioned above, these manual solutions have a limit on data loss.
So you need to use third-party software to easily remove the VBA code from Microsoft Excel.
Best Automated Solution to Remove Password from VBA Code Excel
The best software to remove VBA code from Excel is Best VBA Password Recovery Software. This software has multiple features with a simple user interface. Also, this software is easy to use with some simple steps to fix this problem. Also, this software has been tested by more than 40,000 users who have not found any problems with this software.
Working of the Software – Simple Steps
Step 1. Download and Run this Software.
Step 2. Select the file from which you want to remove the password.
Step 3. Now, press Reset to see the password.
Step 4. Last, simply, preview the status with file path and password.
In the above article, we have explained all possible techniques to remove password from VBA code Excel. We have mentioned two different manual methods to remove VBA password. But these methods are not safe and secure for non-technical users. To cover this limitation for non-technical users, we have mentioned the best software that can easily fix this problem.