An Ultimate Guide to Import Outlook Express DBX files into Thunderbird
After the launch of Windows Vista, several users missed Outlook Express. It is a static program, which is unable to meet the requirement of today’s computer users. Thus, Microsoft replaced it with Windows Mail in Vista operating system. However, this new email client works same as Outlook Express thus, it disappointed many users. Then, users choose Mozilla Thunderbird as emailing platform as it provides a terrific stand-in for Outlook Express. Also, it is an open-source application with a smoother and simpler user interface. Here, comes the need to import Outlook Express DBX files into Thunderbird. Besides, sometimes due to some professional needs or because of the situation, users require to import DBX files into Thunderbird account. In this problem-tackling blog, we are going to discuss the causes and techniques to import DBX files into Mozilla Thunderbird.
Transfer DBX Files to Thunderbird – Why?
Various users need to import Outlook Express DBX to Thunderbird because…
- Mozilla Thunderbird provides many advanced features
- Working speed of Outlook Express is extremely slow
- Thunderbird is open source and freeware email client
- Outlook Express DBX files are highly prone to corruption
Techniques to Import Outlook Express DBX Files into Thunderbird
In this section, we will introduce users to some easy and cost-effective tricks to transfer DBX files to Thunderbird. All users have to do is, follow the guidelines sequentially to avoid any kind of data loss. If the user needs a quick and direct solution to convert DBX files to MBOX format, then it is better to go with a reliable third-party application DBX Converter Software to import DBX files into Thunderbird.
Approach 1: Convert DBX to MBOX – Manual Method
Go with below-mentioned steps to convert Outlook Express mail to Thunderbird application manually:
- Launch Mozilla Thunderbird application
- Now, navigate to the toolbar and select the Tools option
- A menu list will open and choose Import
- In the Import wizard, click on the radio button next to Mail
- Click on Next to continue import Outlook Express DBX files into Thunderbird process
- Choose Outlook Express option from the given menu list
- Hit the Next button
- After this, all the emails, account settings, and contacts of your Outlook Express will start importing into your Thunderbird application. Let the procedure complete successfully
- Eventually, click on Finish button to quit the Import window after completing the DBX to MBOX conversion process
- Restart your Thunderbird and to verify the done procedure via clicking on Tools >> Account Settings. Here, check the imported emails, address book, etc.
Limitations of Manual Method
The import feature provided by Mozilla Thunderbird is actually handy however, at some points, it fails to import DBX files to Thunderbird. The manual method comprises some serious limitations that will make users think twice before using. Some demerits of this method are following:
- Inappropriate to import a large amount of data
- Lengthy and time taking procedure
- High probability of permanent data loss
- Requires technical expertise to execute
Approach 2: Transfer Outlook Express DBX to MBOX – Professional Method
To overcome the limitations of manual method, we recommend users to use a trusted third-party solution i.e., DBX to MBOX Converter. The tool includes some advanced features that enable users to perform a safe and successful DBX files into MBOX conversion. Every technical, as well as non-technical user can utilize this utility without any hassle as it comprises a simple GUI. It has the capability to detect DBX files from configured Outlook Express profile. Also, the software is compatible with all version of Windows OS (32-bit and 64-bit). The DBX File Converter is laden with many eminent features and some of them are following:
- Convert Outlook Express DBX to MBOX, PST, MSG, EML
- No file size restrictions to import DBX into Thunderbird
- Supports all versions of Outlook Express application
- Generate single MBOX file for each DBX file or folder
- Import Outlook Express DBX into Thunderbird in bulk
- Maintains folder hierarchy during and after conversion
In the above blog, we have discussed two different techniques to import Outlook Express DBX files into Thunderbird account. The described manual method is somehow lengthy and it may lead users to permanent data loss. Thus, users can opt the automatic technique for quick and accurate results.