How to Import Outlook Contacts to Office 365 – Migration Made Simple
Summary: In this era of advanced technology, the demand to migrate to Office 365 (Outlook Web App) is rising. If you are finding an easy and proficient solution to import Outlook contacts to Office 365, then end your search now. In this write up we have explained a step-by-step process by which you can access your Outlook contacts in Microsoft Office 365.
MS Outlook is the first preference of many users when it came to communication and data management, but now as Office 365 is a licit option that is dethroning MS Outlook as the most usable service. As the world is getting digitized and most of the users prefer the utilization of cloud-based applications for proper data management.
So, more and more users are moving towards Office 365 as it can be used from anywhere on any device through internet connectivity.
During the migration process, one of the first thing users want to do is, migrate Outlook contacts to Office 365. All the Outlook users and organizations have numerous essential contacts in the Outlook contact list that they don’t want to lose at all.
Sometimes this task requires a lot of effort if you do not know the right procedure. So, here we will provide you a quick and easy method by which you can import your Outlook contacts into Office 365 accounts with great ease.
Find Out Why Users Switch from Microsoft Outlook
- Office 365 is a cloud-based application, organizations do not need to invest on preparing the necessary on-premise hardware setup.
- Since all data is on the cloud so, protecting it from the threats is not a concern for organizations anymore.
- Office 365 provides updates or regular basis, so the platform is always equipped with the latest technologies.
- Office 365 contacts, email data, and other information are available to users from all devices as they are stored in the cloud.
- There is a file size limitation on Outlook PST, a large-sized PST can lead to file corruption. Therefore, users prefer Office 365 over Outlook to prevent their data.
- MS Office 365 provides greater security than the PST file. Even the password protected Outlook PST are not entirely secure.
Here comes the solution section!
Professional Method to Migrate Outlook Contacts to Office 365
The complete export process is actually a two-step process. In first step, you need to export the Outlook contacts to PST file and, in the second step, you have to import the resultant file into Office 365 cloud.
Step 1: Export Outlook Contacts into PST File
1. Launch the Outlook application and go to the “File” menu.
2. Click on Import/Export and then select the “Import/Export” option.
3. Choose “Export to a file” option in the following window and click on Next button.
4. Select Outlook Data file (.pst) and click on the Next.
5. Choose the contacts folder from the list and click on the Next.
6. Browse the location to save the output PST file & finally hit the Finish button.
By performing the above-given steps, you can easily migrate your Outlook contacts without losing a bit of information.
Step 2: Import Resultant File into Microsoft Office 365
With the help of the below-mentioned tool, you can transfer Outlook contacts to Office 365 without any hurdle. It is an eminent utility that is specifically designed to migrate Outlook data files and also filters the data of the file while importing into the Office 365 account. The software allows users to migrate either complete or selective contact details. The software is capable to maintain folder hierarchy throughout the process.
Additionally, the utility comes with a consistent user interface so that any user can access without any technical knowledge.
Follow the Steps to Migrate Outlook Contacts into O365
1. Download and launch the software on your machine.
2. Check “Is Office 365 Admin” option to get acces of user accounts without user credentials. And then click on Add File(s)/Folder or Add CSV option to add the Outlook data files into the software.
3. Select the category of data that you want to import from the PST file and finally hit the import button.
4. The software will start the import process.
Done! In simple 4 steps, your Outlook contacts get imported into Office 365 account successfully.
Important Note: If you have already exported contacts from Microsoft Outlook in PST file format then, you can directly use the Office 365 Import tool to move this file into Office 365. It is an instant and smart way to import Outlook contacts to Office 365 account without any fear of data loss.
7 Awesome Benefits of Using this Method
- While importing contacts to Office 365, the tool preserves the integrity of the data.
- It is an error-free solution that provides 100% complete and accurate results.
- The most prominent feature of the software “Incremental Import” skips the already transferred data in the previous attempts, and imports only new data.
- The migration process can be paused any time with the “Pause” button and can also be resumed again after some time.
- The software provides a complete export report which contains the complete summary of the import process and users can save it for later at any desired location.
- While exporting Outlook contacts, the software offers an option to apply date filter to save the data within a date range
- The software is compatible with all versions of the Windows operating system and supports PST files of any version of MS Outlook.
Due to the advanced features of Office 365, many users are switching from Microsoft Outlook to Office 365 to manage their work smoothly. But, for Office 365 users, how to import Outlook contacts to Office 365 is the most common query.
Well, in this above blog, we have discussed a simple approach to carry the migration efficiently. The solution provided here is the right pick if you want to save your time, effort, and require a 100 % positive result. By using the demo version of the software, you can check the performance and capabilities of the software before purchasing its licensed version for further use.