Transfer Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook – Quick Guide for Migration
There are reasons due to which a user might look for methods to transfer Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook. In the upcoming segment, you will be given the reasons for migration followed by the methods to do so. Let’s take a look at the top reasons:
- If you are planning to move from Mac OS to Windows OS
- To share OLM data files with colleagues using Windows OS
These are the most basic reasons why a user would want to export the data. Now, this could happen if a user is moving from their organization that uses Mac Outlook and shifting to an organization that uses Windows Outlook. In such a case, he/she will be needing to export Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook.
In this blog, you will understand how to perform the migration procedure using two methods that will be explained below. It is in fact a great choice as you will always have a backup of your emails from Outlook for Mac saved locally on your system in case any tragedy happens to your data.
Let’s now jump to the methods and learn how they work.
What Methods Help to Transfer Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook?
The workarounds for the migration process are given below:
The manual method is further divided in four steps:
First, we will discuss the reliable method and see how it works. Later, we will be explaining the working of the manual method and discuss all the steps. Let us start.
Reliable Solution for Transferring Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook
If you want an easy and direct approach for the exportation process, you should download the OLM to PST Converter software which is a powerful tool to convert the data to Windows Outlook supported file i.e. PST. The software is smartly built that can transfer data in bulk without making any changes to the data or posing any data loss risk.
There is also an option to split the PST file if it exceeds a certain size limit of your choice. In addition to it, the tool preserves the on-disk hierarchy of your data and keeps the original folder structure maintained even after conversion.
Learn the how the tool works and move your data with ease.
How to Transfer Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook Via the Software?
1. Launch the tool and click on the Add File(s) option to choose the data you want to export.
2. Select the folder containing OLM files and click on the Open button. Hit Add File to move further.
3. Choose the Export Selected option to transfer only the selected folders.
4. Choose PST as the export type and click on Advance Settings to apply PST Settings as per your requirement.
5. Hit the Browse button to browse for the destination path. Select New Folder option and press OK for the end result.
6. Mark the Maintain Folder Hierarchy option and hit the Export button to start the migration process.
The process will start and you will be able to see the export status on the right corner of the window displayed on your screen. Also, you can hit the Stop button if you need to pause the process in between.
Moving to the manual methods for conversion.
Manually Transfer Mac Outlook into Windows Outlook
Following steps will show how you can move the data to Outlook for Windows:
Step 1 – Set up IMAP Account
- Go to your Gmail account and click on the Settings page.
- Select Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Here, you have to enable the IMAP Status.
Step 2 – Set up Mac Outlook Account with IMAP Account
- Launch Outlook for Mac and click on the Tools tab.
- Choose Accounts option and hit the Email option.
- Input the information for your account and click on the Add Account button.
Step 3 – Sync Gmail Label to Mac Outlook
- First, open your Gmail account and click on the Settings page.
- Now, choose Labels option and create a new label as per the instructions.
- After that, mark the Show in IMAP check box.
- Go to Mac Outlook and click on the Send/Receive option to update the IMAP account.
Step 4 – Export Emails to IMAP Mailbox
- Finally, you have to open your Outlook for Mac and right click on any of the item from mailbox that you want to initiate the process to transfer Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook.
- Click on the Move option and choose Copy to Folder.
- Hit the Send/Receive button to update the settings.
These are the steps of the manual method for the migration process.
Although, always remember that performing the exportation procedure manually is a complex task. If you make mistake even in one step, it may be a risk to your data resulting in data loss. If there is a user who lacks in technical expertise, it becomes a tough, time-consuming, and lengthy task.
Ending Verdict for Migrating Data
For all the users are having trouble with Mac Outlook or are moving to another organization with MS Outlook for Windows, this blog is the key to their answers. There are two methods for the users to transfer Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook that are mentioned here. One manual, which is quite complicated and not a preferable method for non-techies, is explained in the easiest way possible.
Another methods which is the most reliable and a trustworthy software has been explained along with the working steps so that the users clearly understand how to use it. Choose which one is best suited for your requirements based on your understanding and preferences.