How to Repair Corrupt SQL Server Database – Fix & Recover
How to Repair Corrupt SQL Server Database in Three Effortless Ways
Sick and tired of searching methods of how to repair corrupt SQL Server database? Do not lose hope, as we are going to introduced 3 ways to repair the damaged or unhealthy data of SQL Server.
A Brief Introduction of SQL Server
Popularity of SQL Server, a Relational Database Management System, cannot be questioned. Whether it is small business or a big one, most of them are dependent on SQL Server for the management of their data. It stores it data in MDF, NDF, and log files. However, in spite of such popularity the possibility of database corruption is always there. There are several reasons behind this as discussed in the upcoming section of the blog.
Factors Responsible Behind SQL Database Corruption
- Conflict with any third-party driver, at times Microsoft SQL Server application may conflict with other tool in your machine. This result, in the corruption of SQL Server database files.
- Crash in the hard disk drive or fault in hardware system is also one of the reasons behind corruption of SQL data
- Removal of SQL objects like stored procedures, tables, index, etc. Moreover, damaged or unhealthy LDF files also leads to the corruption in SQL database.
- Virus or other malware attack in SQL Server
- Errors made by humans are also one of the responsible factors for this corruption.
Tricks to Repair and Rectify Corruption Issues in SQL Database
Trick 1: With the Help of SQL Server Management Studio Express
Users need to follow these steps to repair corrupted SQL Server database:
- First, download Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express, as per the SQL database version
- Once the installation is done, go to Start >> Programs >> Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008 >> SQL Server Management Studio Express
- Now, use Windows Authentication and log in to the database
- Expand the databases & then, right-click on wt_sched. After this, choose Properties>>Options
- Then, change Restrict Access to Single_User, by going to the bottom in pane
- Select OK button & repeat step 3 for wtMaster section
- After this, choose New Query from the toolbar and paste these commands as mentioned in query pane
- dbcc checkdb(‘wt_sched’,REPAIR_REBUILD)
- Next, to repair SQL database, select Execute button
- Finally, perform step 4 to 5 and modify the databases from SINGLE_User to MULTI_USER.
Important Note: Before you start this process, make sure that no Webtrends programs are initiated.
Trick 2: With DBCC CHECKDB Command
1. To begin the process, run DBCC CHECKDB command on the corrupt database. For this follow this query:
- DBCC CHECKDB (Name of damaged database)
2. Now, you can view the index ID
Case 1: In case, index id is more than on, you need to drop & recreate it.
Case 2: In case, index id is equal to 0 or 1, then run DBCC CHECKDB once again using appropriate options like repari_rebuild, repair_fast, repair_allow_data_loss
DBCC CHECK (name of corrupt database, repair_fast)
DBCC CHECK (name of corrupt database, repair_rebuild)
DBCC CHECK (name of corrupt database, repair_allow_data_loss)
3. Then, to make sure the zero damage or corruption, you need to run DBCC CHECKDB and with this you will see a new message
DBCC CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in ‘name of your corrupt database’.
Trick 3: SQL Database Recovery Software is a Ultimate Solution
If the issue persists even after going through these manual steps, then you can go for a third party tool. However, availability of many tools in the online market makes the choice tough for users. Moreover, picking up a relevant tool is very essential to keep the data safe and secure. SQL Recovery Software is one of the dependable software. It performs quick recovery of SQL Server database, which includes the tables, NDF, MDF, and Log files. The tool scans and restores Rules, Stored Procedures, Tables, and Triggers. Moreover, it has the capability to restore data from Wallet Reansomware.
Wrapping It Up
Management of data in SQL Server is very easy and safe. However, unlike any other platform the database of SQL Server is also prone to corruption. Once it happens, users have to face many difficulties to repair and recover data once again. Considering this, we have brought forth 3 ways to know how to repair corrupt SQL Server database . It is recommended to use SQL Recovery tool as it makes the process less complicated and quick. The tool has been designed from well know data recovery organization therefore, more reliable and trustworthy.