Know How to Extract Graphics From PDF Files
Are you looking for ways to know how to extract graphics from PDF files? In this blog, I am going to talk about an expert solution to extract graphics, illustrations, charts, drawings, or any type of image using an automated tool.
It will extract all kinds of graphic files whether it is PNG, SVG, JPEG, GIF, HEIF, APNG, WEBP, etc.
Using this automated solution, you can extract embedded or attached graphics. You can even save all your extracted images in a PDF file. I will mention all the features of this tool in the later section.
Let’s see how we can extract graphics from the PDF files.
How to Extract Graphics From PDF – Step by Step Solution
This tool has a interactive user interface. But, you can refer these steps to extract images and graphics from PDF with the help of this software.
Also, kindly take note that if your images and graphics are inside the PDF document ie. embedded then you have to use the “Inline Image” option. If they are present as attachments with the PDF file use the “Attachments” option. Let’s see how:
1. After installing the tool, click on the “Add Files” / “Add Folder” option. This software can process more than one PDF file at once or a folder of PDF files.
2. To save extracted graphics in a certain location, click on the “Change” button. Also, the tool has the “Create Single Folder Only’ option to save all your images in a single folder. Then, click on the Next button to proceed.
3. Now, in the ‘Select Items type’ section two options are given as “Attachments” & “Inline Images”. Graphics that are present as attachments with the PDF, choose “Attachments”. If the graphics are inside the PDF document then select “Inline Images”.
NOTE: “Inline Images” option is given as “Images” for the MAC version of this application.
4.a. Apply attachments filters: You get sub-filters that narrow down the extracted item. You can extract images or graphics according to size and file type. Further, you can select either the ‘Include’ or ‘Exclude’ option. Then, you can specify the image file formats you want to include or exclude.
4.b. Apply Image Settings: There is an option given as ‘Save Inline Images Into PDF’ which is self-explanatory. Further, you can choose either ‘Create Individual PDF’ or ‘Create Single PDF’. You can extract graphics and save them as PDF using this setting.
5. Click on the “Extract” button to begin extracting graphics from the PDF.
Extra New Features Added in The Latest Version
As we are constantly improving our software for you to have a smooth experience as possible. We have added some new functions that make the extracting process from PDF files quite easy.
Let’s have a look at these features:
1. The quality of the images will be preserved and will be reflected as the original.
2. If PDF has owner-level restrictions, this tool can still extract items from that PDF.
3. There is an inbuilt feature to unlock the password-protected PDF files. (Password must be provided by the user itself).
This is how to extract graphics from PDF with the help of this high-end extractor tool. Numerous professionals have used this tool.
Now it’s your turn! You can download the trial version of this application for free. This tool is available for both Windows & Mac versions.
For Mac OS
Note: For Mac users make sure you have Java JDK & JRE 8 in your system to run this tool.