Extract All Attachments from Outlook Freely
Have you ever met with an instance wherein you need to extract all attachments from Outlook? Are you not finding any relevant solution to meet this demand? Then, without any doubt, simply go through the following write-up where we will elaborate cost-effective solution to save all the PST attachments without any loss of data.
Before going to the in-depth solution, let’s check out the user-query mentioned below:
“I have been using Outlook as my primary email client for more than a decade. There are a couple of PST files from which I need to save attachments from Outlook. However, I am not finding an appropriate solution for the same. Could someone help me with finding the free solution to easily extract Outlook attachments to a folder? Please advise!”
As we see in the above-mentioned user query, the user wants to know the free methods to remove multiple attachments from Outlook. We are already familiar with the fact that Microsoft Outlook is one of the preferred choices among users when it comes to choosing the best email application. As a result, there comes a demand to extract Outlook attachments to a folder. This blog will help users know the proven yet ultimate tactics to smoothly implement the extraction of PST attachments in a hassle-free way.
Extract All Attachments from Outlook – Manually
The below described are some of the native workarounds that are used to extract Outlook attachments to a folder. Let’s check out the steps mentioned below:
Method 1: Select and save PST Email Attachments
- Open the Outlook application and select the Outlook email to extract all attachments from the Outlook
- Now, select the attachments that need to be removed from the folder
- After that, right-click and select Save All Attachments option
- After which, you need to mention the destination location to save the extracted attachments and click OK
- Now, you will see that the attachments have been removed from it and have been saved at the mentioned path.
Method 2: Extract All Attachments from Outlook Using VBA
- Firstly, launch the Outlook application on the system to extract all attachments from the Outlook
- Then, click the “Alt+F11” keys to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor
- Before implementing the next step, ensure to import VBA Macro from this link: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Save-attachments-from-5b6bf54b
- Now, with the help of the VBA editor, open File>>Import File>>upload mAttachmentSaver.bas file>> hit Open
- Then, choose the required PST email messages.
- After that, click “Alt+F8” to open the Macro wizard. You need to ensure that all macros are enabled
- Finally, select ExecuteSaving>> Run>> Browse For Folder and mention the path to save the attachments
Are you finding the manual method difficult? Read the following section!
Professional Solution – Extract All Attachments from Outlook
No doubt the manual method is pretty complicated due to its lengthy and time-consuming steps which makes it difficult to download Outlook attachments. Therefore, to overcome this, use Outlook Attachment Extractor. It is embedded with remarkable features that enable you to easily extract Outlook attachments to a folder. Try the demo version which is cost-free to process extraction of Outlook attachments flawlessly.
Stepwise Guide to Download Attachment from PST
- Download, install, and run that software on your system.
- Then, click “Add Files and Folders” to add PST/OST.
- After that, select “Mailbox Data” to extract attachments.
- Then, click on “Change” to choose the destination location.
- Finally, hit on the “Extract” button to Extract All Attachments from Outlook
Some Highlighted Features of the Tool
- Allows to bulk extract PST attachments using the Add Folder option
- Save attachments from PST from both Unicode & ANSI PST
- Provide advanced options to maintain the folder hierarchy
- Easily gets installed on the latest Windows 10 OS & the below versions
- Capable enough to downloading attachments from Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, etc.
- Ensures to preserve the data integrity of the extracted PST attachments
- Option to create “New Folder” within the software panel to save Outlook attachments
Time to Wrap Up
This blog states the result-oriented techniques to extract all attachments from Outlook. Users can avail of both manual and automated solutions for a seamless PST attachment extraction process. However, considering the various downsides of the manual method, it is highly recommended to opt for the software mentioned above. Try the free trial version to check the tool’s functionalities to save Outlook attachments to a folder seamlessly.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a way to automatically extract attachments from many emails in Outlook?
Yes, third-party solutions (described above) and Outlook add-ins are available to automate the process of extracting files from multiple emails. Some of these tools enable batch attachment extraction from Outlook, which saves time and effort.
2. Can I use Outlook VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) to extract attachments?
Yes, you can extract attachments from Outlook emails using VBA. Writing a VBA script can assist in automating the process of extracting attachments from several Outlook emails.
3 Are there any risks to extracting attachments from Outlook?
Extracting attachments from Outlook emails poses no substantial hazards in and of itself. Open attachments from unknown or untrusted sources with caution, as they may include malware or viruses that can harm your computer.