6 Killer Techniques to Correct Errors in PST Files Issue in Outlook
Sometimes while working with MS Outlook version like 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or 2003, your Outlook Data File (known as PST file) stops responding or the page does not open correctly. This may be the data corruption or damage issue. Well, the corruption in PST file can occur anytime due to several reasons like data storage device failure, faulty networking device, power failure etc. In this technical paper, we are going to discuss how to correct errors in PST files. However, before that let us take a quick look at some most common errors in MS Outlook that can occur due to corrupted or damaged PST file.
Some Outlook PST file Error
- File xyz.pst could not be accessed. Data Error. Cyclic Redundancy check.
- Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- The file xyz.pst could not be found.
- Unable to display the folder. The file xyz.pst could not be accessed.
- Xyz.pst can not be accessed – 0×80040116
- Can’t move the items. Could not move the items. The original file was either moved or deleted, or access was denied.
- Microsoft Outlook send recieve error issues
- Errors have been detected in the PST file (outlook.pst file location / path).
- The file (outlook.pst file location / path) is not an Outlook data file (.pst).
- Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The operation failed.
How to Correct Errors in PST Files
Error messages are one of the frequently occurred issues with Microsoft Outlook. Below are some quick troubleshooting techniques to fix errors in PST files in Outlook at the initial stage.
Solution 1: The best and First Solution!!
If none of the above-mentioned solutions works for you to correct errors in PST files then, it is clear that your PST file is corrupted highly. Now, you have to take help from a trusted third-party tool i.e., Outlook Recovery.
The software is completely safe and it has the capability to repair and restore corrupt Outlook PST files in multiple file formats like PST, EML, MSG, HTML, and Office 365. Even users can recover permanently deleted emails, contacts, calendar tasks, notes, and journals from their PST files using this advanced tool. It provides search PST file option to repair multiple PST files in Batch mode. Also, it can recover data from corrupted UNICODE or ANSI type PST files. The software is compatible with all versions of Windows OS and MS Outlook. It is the best solution to correct errors in PST files in Outlook account.
Solution 2. Examine Internet Connectivity
If you are facing a problem while sending or receiving email messages then, you must check the network connectivity with the help of following steps:
- Open a web browser in your local machine and enter URL of any website. If it opens normally then, your computer is connected with the internet.
- However, if not, then you need to check the other troubleshooting methods for network connectivity issues. Via clicking on the Network connection icon, from the pop-up menu, you can select Troubleshoot Problems.
Solution 3. Remove Suspicious Email Messages From Mailbox
How to correct errors in PST files email, if Outlook emails stops working properly? Suspicious email messages also may prevent you from sending or receiving emails in Outlook. If you are having a suspicious email then, delete it by following commands:
- Open your mailbox using a web-based email client from your ISP. Then, delete the email message
Solution 4. Visit Antivirus Manufacturer’s Website To Get Other Suggestions
In case if your antivirus application includes the email scanning feature then, you may need to perform some additional configuration tasks to use Outlook with it.
In order to understand how to use Outlook with your antivirus software, navigate to one of the following websites (depends on the antivirus application you have installed):
- Trend Micro
Solution 5. Disable add-ons
Outlook add-ins add some additional features or functionalities to the program. The issue with this is that the more add-ons are connected to the application, the slower it will be. Also, sometimes they may prevent you from accessing the PST file. So, how to correct errors in PST files which is affected due to add-ons in the Outlook account. After starting the Outlook program in safe mode, you can verify the difference in speed and agility of the program. If you come to the conclusion that this is the issue then, fix errors in the outlook.pst file using the following steps:
- Go to File >> Options >> Add-ons.
- Then, deactivate the ones that are suspicious to you.
- After that, restart the Outlook normally
Solution 6. Run Inbox Repair Tool
If the Outlook account error occurs due to corruption in PST files (Personal Storage Tables) then, it leads to inaccessibility of data files. Therefore, to bring the data files in normal mode, it requires fixing the error.
As we know that MS Outlook is integrated with inbuilt repair solution called “Inbox Repair Tool” that can be executed by running SCANPST.exe. The location of this file is mentioned below:
- Go to Start menu and then open Run.
- Now, to launch “Scanpst.exe” type the location of the tool, i.e. “name of the drive:
- Once you are done then, hit the OK button. As soon as you click on OK, a message wizard will pop-up.
- Here, enter the name and location of the corrupted PST file.
- Eventually, click Start. It will start the process of PST file repairing. This can correct errors in PST files in the most minor level (Header file issues).
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\Scanpst.exe
Microsoft Outlook a popular email application used to exchange the information. It stores its complete data in PST file format. So, it would not be wrong to say that the PST file is very crucial for the proper functioning of Outlook. However, PST file often gets damaged and corrupted. Thus, in this article, we have represented all the possible manual solutions on ‘how to correct errors in PST files in Microsoft Outlook’ 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010. Apart from this, an automated approach is also suggested to fix errors in Outlook.pst file quickly and accurately.